Draft Party Tees & a #KeltyCan Update

baggedmilk
July 09 2014 01:31PM

DraftPartyTeesFront

On June 27th we threw a Draft Party at the the Pint and raised $3000 for the ICCP and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton. This afternoon, I grabbed what's left of the Draft Party t-shirts and threw them in the online store. I also wanted to give an update on how much money you guys raised for the #KeltyCan auction.

Just a very quick article to post that the Draft Party tees are now up on the store. The shirts are $10 and we will be sure to split the proceeds to the ICCP and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton just like on Draft Party night. It's not often that you can buy clothes and support charity at the same time!

I've also got some $20 gift certificates left over from the Pint downtown, so stay tuned to our Twitter account this week because I'll be giving those away as well. I'm not sure what you'll have to do to win a GC but I'll come up with something.

#KELTYCAN AUCTION UPDATE

ThankYou

For just under two weeks, we were doing an auction for our friend Kelty to help raise money for an expensive muscle lengthening surgery she needs in New Jersey. We weren't really sure what kind of items would be offered up, but as usual, you guys really stepped up. We were absolutely blown away by the generosity of our readers and I wanted to give you guys a break down of just how much money we raised.

In total, we had 10 separate auctions for a variety of items, from posters to kegs of beer. To the donors, we can't thank you enough. We know that we put the auction together on relatively short notice but you guys stepped up in a big way. To the people who bid, thank you for bidding your hard earned money to the cause. To everyone that shared the stories and made private donations, thank you so much for helping us in any way you were able to.

Here's a breakdown of how much money each item got:

• The Nuge, Hall, and Eberle posters - $900
  • The stick signed by the 2001 Oilers - $400
  • The signed and mounted Hemsky jersey - $650
  • A week pass to Brian Sutherby's hockey camp - $300
  • Wanye's signed Eberle jersey - $1000
  • The signed and mounted pucks - $600
  • The tickets to the Oilers vs Capitals - $600
  • The hotel package - $300
  • The keg of Sleeman - $200
  • The Sauza tequila gift basket - $100

The total money raised was $5050! That is amazing. We will be presenting a cheque to Kelty and her family in the upcoming days, and we will be sure to give you guys updates as they come in. Thank you so much for your generosity and help with the auction. You guys are amazing and we're very grateful!

94ea28cbbd0f9fe4153692bb3e38b40c
Twitter tyrant for @OilersNation - Resident Jackass - Poor vessel for carrying milk. Follow me on twitter (@jsbmbaggedmilk) - Instagram (@himynameisbaggedmilk) or email me at baggedmilk@oilersnation.com.
#2 Czar
July 09 2014, 01:51PM
baggedmilk wrote:

WELL DONE, NATION!

You deserve a pat on the back buddy, great work and effort on your part as well!

#3 Qwerty
July 09 2014, 01:58PM

I'm curious to know what team everyone's gonna watch this year? I'm going Dallas. In 1 year they've done a better rebuild then we have in 5.

#4 mig14
July 09 2014, 02:01PM

Thanks again for all your work on the auction. Much appreciated.

#7 vetinari
July 09 2014, 02:26PM

Kudos to the Nation crew, the donors and the bidders... best wishes to Kelty and her family.

#8 number99
July 09 2014, 03:08PM

Well played nation!

#9 ThatButthurtOilersFan
July 09 2014, 03:12PM
Qwerty wrote:

You're on a website named Oilersnation, which every post concerns the Edmonton Oilers. Who do you think everyone is gonna watch next year?

#10 Qwerty
July 09 2014, 03:17PM

@ThatButthurtOilersFan

Ya but I mean after the first week when the oilers are out of it again. Don't you pick another team to follow during the year so you have a team to follow and cheer for that has a chance?

#11 number99
July 09 2014, 03:47PM
Qwerty wrote:

Of all the threads ever posted, please don't hijack this one. Cool?

#12 hockeycrazed
July 09 2014, 08:25PM

This time of the year, I'm used to seeing the hype the media and commentators created for their respective home teams, more often than not it's been blown out of proportions! But it gives the fans a false sense of hope for the up coming season, and I can't say it's terribly wrong, just doesn't feel right, it's all! Why can't they call a spade a spade, I always thought! How many times have we heard that 'our team's going to make it this year'?! How often are we being fooled into believing the new additions' gonna put us into contentions? Just look at the Blue Jays, they had fans all over the country believing in them last year, so much so, hundreds of reporters from B.C. to New Brunswick lined up at the Rogers centre on Opening Day to catch a glimpse of the ready 'to be crown' line up! We all know what happen to that false hope bought us....

#13 David S
July 10 2014, 12:17PM
hockeycrazed wrote:

Fifty bucks if you can explain how this post in any way relates to "Nation Draft Party/Helping Kelty".

Nah. Make it an even hundie.

#14 hockeycrazed
July 10 2014, 10:21PM

@David S

Just picked the shortest route to express my frustrations, didn't mean to offend you!