January 11 2017 11:00AM
photo via Bakersfield Condors
After being assigned to the Bakersfield Condors on Monday, Jesse Puljujarvi potted an assist in his first American Hockey League game.
Playing on the Condors top line alongside defenceman turned winger Joey LaLeggia and former third round pick Jujhar Khaira, Jesse Puljujarvi had a solid first game with the team. The Condors took down the San Antonio Rampage in thanks to points from two new comers.
Jesse Puljujarvi had the primary assist on Bryce Aneloski's second-period goal that extended the lead to 4-1 late in the second frame. Jaedon Descheneau, who played in his first game with the Condors after being recalled from the ECHL, potted an assist on the Condors second goal.
Puljujarvi was a plus one on the night and stayed out of the penalty box as well. The young man is going to have a big chance to play down in the AHL. He already has gotten a good look last night being able to play on the top line.
It will be interesting to track his development as the season progresses.
Below, you can see his assist in thanks to the Condors twitter account.
The latest from Laing:
- OilersNation: Connor McCaptain named to All-Star team
- OilersNation: Maroon named 2nd star of the week, making strong argument to be protected
- OilersNation: Oilers at the Midway Point
- OilersNation: Oilers assign Puljujarvi, waive Gustavsson
- OilersNation: Taylor Beck named to 2017 AHL All-Star game