There ain’t a whole lot going on right now that we can get excited about these days. We regularly consider moving to Dubai when the Oilers miss the playoffs and this time of the year is the absolute worst. Everyone and their dog is enjoying playoff hockey right now it seems, everyone except the only team of any real global importance that is. But life goes on … by ragging on other fans. It’s all we have these days Nation.
What a week for Canucks fans. First 4/20 and now a series sweep. It’s basically hippie Christmas. But we bet you would trade it all for legalized marijuana and for your girlfriend to run a razor over her legs once in a blue moon. Wouldn’t you — you hippie bastards? Ah what’s the point? No one in a Canucks jersey is even awake before noon today including our hippie brother in VAN who texted us “wooooo!” at 3:56 AM last night.
- Remember Craig MacTavish? Hint: He has a full and lush head of hair and used to stand beside Craig Simpson on the bench. Yeah, him. Uh — where is, he exactly? Doesn’t he want to talk about his 82 years behind the bench? We want to hear him talk and we also think the Oil should retire his number eventually. Yeah we said it. So what?
- Who exactly is going to take the reins and become the new Coach of the Oil? Every day that there is no announcement tells us the Oil are waiting for a certain Eastern Conference Team to exit the playoffs so they can talk to their current head coach. Maybe a team that was once referred to by a former Captain of the Oilers as being a “Mickey Mouse organization?” Maybe a team that rhymes with the Rew Rersey Revils? Yes? No?
- Isn’t it great how bad the Flames are doing? Yeah, that’s some sweet street justice. Rene Bourque has been your best player. That’s just great.
- Speaking of high-larious things in VAN — how fantastic is that Sundin signing looking right about now? Imagine VAN had spent the money on good players? hahahaha
Assorted draft stuff
1039 entries in the NationDrafts.com playoff pool? Uh what? That is about 1038 more entries than we expected to receive. It’s game time now — believe that. You know that we are waiting to strike, tucked comfortably back in 532nd place with our team of world beaters called Oilers Forever? That question mark at the end is a typo of course, the Oilers will exist forever and we will be with them till the very end.
Regardless of how good they are.
Even though they currently blow.
But Oilers Forever? – that team is poised to S-T-R-I-K-E. Not a single St Louis Blue on the roster:
Sammy Pahlsson could get a point any day now. That wouldn’t hurt our feelings you cold Euro bastard. Nash? We seem to recall predicting you would get smushed. Dang. Take a look at the following hilarious people and their position in the draft:
Jason Gregor – Team Name: Jason Gregor (clever) – 466th place.
OilersNinja – Team Name: Phone basher – 773rd place.
Who the hell is everyone else? We can only see team names and can’t identify any of the team GMs by many of the team names. We certainly don’t know who hockeynut is, nor can we see his/her/it’s team. But we do know that:
- He/she/it is definitely in first place as of 04/22/2009
- There are a few minor tweaks needing to be done to the draft before it is perfecto.
- Whoever wins the $1000 is going to be buried under 1,204,598 emails from yours truly asking when we are going for a free beer.
We need to figure out a way to be able to see who everyone picked in the draft.
*wanders off to find someone smarter than him. Notes that this shouldn’t take long*