That just happened

winningrainbow3

“A picture says a thousand words, but in this case it’s probably worth about two hundred” – A buddy who just reviewed our second cartoon in as many days.

Well, when you lose 42 per cent of the time you also win 58 per cent of the time and the Oil showed us that is the case with a good old fashioned le whipping of Les Canadiens last night. Much to the dismay of the thousands of Habs fans who collectively leaned on the OilersNation for tickets to the game as they do every year, that version of the Oil came out firing, scoring, hitting, winning and smiling. We were so happy to see that Oilers squadron show up. We all know that version of the Oilers – the team that shows up for about 15 or 20 games a year.

That Oilers team doesn’t need to fire anyone. That Oilers team has seven players on pace for an 82-goal season. That Oilers squad would beat the other Oilers squad 815-2 if they could somehow play themselves in a regular season game in some alternate dimension. That Oilers squad doesn’t need Jaromir Jagr, Vincent Lecavalier or anyone except someone to open the bench gate and yell “go get ’em, you Stanley Cup Champions!”

That Oilers team makes liars out of every rational Oilers fan who predicted that the Oil would not win against the Canadiens and makes irrational believers of any self respecting Oilers fan who witnessed the game. That Oilers team sells thousands of Oilers themed keys such as the one we had made yesterday for the princely sum of $6:

oilerskey

That Oilers team inspires these types of novelty key purchases by the thousands. “Why would I want a normal key when there is an Oilers key to be purchased?” we ask ourselves on account of that team.

It’s almost worse for MacT and Company when that Oilers team shows up for work. They bitch slap the Eastern Conference All Star team, getting goals from everyone including the usher in Section 112. They seem to suggest that many of the pieces of the championship puzzle are already seated in the dressing room at RX1, if only someone knew how to assemble them properly on a night in and night out basis.

Losing Grebeshkov is certainly not going to help in the long run, but to that Oilers team it won’t matter in the least. That Oilers team could lose half of its players, be trailing 17-0 with seven minutes left and would still find a way to win. That Oilers team wins because they get 18 late goals including 2 goals in the last 4.7 seconds of the game forcing ten seperate cardiac events in the stands of RX1 in the third period alone.

In the words of the Immortal Towel Boy: Who saw this coming?

No one did. Screw you, good version of the Oilers.

FMNF

RBK wrote:

LOL
    Are you a bird or something Wanye? What’s with the wings?

Believe me, I have seen the muscles and they are intimidating to say the least. Standing before Wanye Gretz can make any man tremble and cower in fear. Save for Robin Brownlee, a soul is a prerequisite to fear.

• I'm a Scientist!

this thread is pure awesomeness. just when i thought this site couldnt get any better .

That Oilers squad doesn’t need Jaromir Jagr, Vincent Lecavalier or anyone except someone to open the bench gate and yell “go get ‘em, you Stanley Cup Champions!”

classic.

@ Ender the Dragon:
    In an alternate dimension where the opposite always occurs – is Betty White unattractive?

@ baggedmilk:
    Remember when you and I held up that liquor store? People trembled before us on that day, I can tell you that!

@ scorecoff hemmercules:
    Mille Grazie.

@ Deep Oil:

At last, they’ve come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough. Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity and in the midst of confusion, he will find her. Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable.

Dont you agree?

@ Jack "FMNF" Bauer:

That would have been funnier if it was original; you forgot to add the reference:

— The Hybrid, Battlestar Galactica: Razor

The point stands, though; shouting homeless guy imagery still works for both.

@ Wanye Gretz:

You know, turns out Betty White is a lot more attractive in person, regardless of dimension; who'dve thunk it . . .

Wanye Gretz wrote:

@ baggedmilk:

If only the satisfaction of robbing that liquor store lasted. I know have a blood lust that cannot be quenched and find myself holding up random people in the street to feel the sweet sweet rush. I got fired from my job, my house is in shambles, I can sleep, can't eat, my lady left me and I seem to have lost my fish tank. Damn you for introducing me to the life, Wanye Gretz, damn you!

baggedmilk wrote:

It was amazingly sexy to be sitting amongst the Montreal fans as they sat and cried into their $10 beers. Sweet sweet victory.

FMNF – I was at that game last night! I just got back to town now. I was with a bunch of habs buddies that had paint on their faces… well until the end of the first they did.(for real)

I really couldn't believe how many Habs fans were there. How do they all get tickets and can someone tell me… When are they all going to realize that they are in Oil country? Seriously… Just because your family came from the east, doesn't mean you have to cher for teh Habs. Oh well that game was definately worth the nine hour round trip.

Travis Dakin – FMNF wrote:

@ Wanye Gretz:
    I don’t know if anybody pointed it out but I would like to commend you on accuracy of the rainbow colours. Well played.

yes good job on the colors. You seem to have a firm grasp on the door stickers that grace the frontage of most Davey street restaurants in VanCity.

• I'm a Scientist!

"That Oilers team could lose half of its players, be trailing 17-0 with seven minutes left and would still find a way to win."

Wise Wayne Gretz – from the preface of the book
    " Booking your interdimensional travel, with flair "

I'm thinking '80's clubs….

Long gone are the days of "…we are down by three..
    but there is still 1:27 left ! "

But wait… maybe there is still a way….

I'm selling the house… Wayne says he can get me tickets to the interdimensional All-Star Game !

WOW ! Mr. Hockey to The Great one, out from behind the net, pass to Bobby Orr racing in from the point….

Hey ! Just got back ! had a blast ! Got everyone Hats !

interdimensional travel : Everything you will ever need.

• I'm a Scientist!

I was at the game last night and was kinda pissed that S-Mac wasn't in the line up. The icing on the cake would have been a KO on Laraque…however depending on the time of game it could have been a momentum killer if Laraque beats him.
    So for the first time in a long time I can say that Mac-T made *gulp* a "wise" choice in not playing S-Mac.
    Awesome game Oil…keep it up!!

Jack "FMNF" Bauer wrote:

@ Deep Oil:
    Dont you agree?

Sorry – not able to comment – I am in the spaceship right now – they might hear me.

R-DAWG wrote:

I was at the game last night and was kinda pissed that S-Mac wasn’t in the line up. The icing on the cake would have been a KO on Laraque…however depending on the time of game it could have been a momentum killer if Laraque beats him.
    So for the first time in a long time I can say that Mac-T made *gulp* a “wise” choice in not playing S-Mac.
    Awesome game Oil…keep it up!!

Why play MAC when Laraque is a pussy cat in Edmonton.
    Nobody manned up though and stood up for GREBS – what is going on with this team… no guts here – very soft.

Deep Oil wrote:

I'm starting to like Deep Oil. He sounds crazy most of the time but it's interesting crazy. Not interesting crazy like Prince is interesting crazy but still interesting enough that I read each of his comments in full.

Is this the alternate universe Ender spoke of?

Travis Dakin – FMNF wrote:

Indubitably.

Wanye Gretz wrote:

Is this the alternate universe Ender spoke of?

I dunno why, but I envision the jump between these alternate universes as looking something like the beginning/end of and episode of "Quantam Leap".

Oh boy.

Wanye Gretz wrote:

I’m starting to like Deep Oil. He sounds crazy most of the time but it’s interesting crazy. Not interesting crazy like Prince is interesting crazy but still interesting enough that I read each of his comments in full.

Ha it sounds crazy as sh*t but for some reason, that level of crazy sounds like it has merit.

• I'm a Scientist!

TSN reports that Plekanec gets two games for taking out our boy Grebs. While I'll take the news with a nod, it would have been sweeter if Plekanec was using the 2 games to reduce the swelling on his face. League justice is ok, but the Oil should have sent out some justice of their own.

Hmmmm . . . maybe there's a way to use a rich owner to our advantage even with a salary cap system; I bet our boy Katz is e-mailing Plekanec's home address to Tonya Harding as we speak . . .

• I'm a Scientist!

i know she ain't no Betty White but I was on a movie set in Vancouver once and I saw this old bitty wandering around teh set with the most confused look on her face. I instantly thought she was recognizeable but she looked out of her element and bewildered to where she was. I was taken a back cuz this lady had some major acting under her belt. Turns out…she was Marion Ross! Look at this picture and you see a bit of that bewildered look. hahaha!