Who would have ever expected this game to get to a shootout when the Oilers were down by 3? Just like they drew it up! Final Score: 4-3 Oilers
Tonight, we got our first look at 2 new Oilers in Viktor Fasth and Oscar Klefbom. Klefbom’s debut was a little bit shaky but you’d have to think the kid was super nervous. There’s a lot of expectations for Klefbom, and I thought he played with more confidence as the game went on, even registering his first assist. Not a perfect debut but who was perfect in this one? As for Fasth, he wears #35 and has already gone uninjured longer than Khabibulin – you’ve got to respect that. Despite being welcomed by the land of no defence, Fasth stole the Oilers a win tonight. It’s pretty exciting to have a legitimate goaltending duo for the first time in forever!
Overall this game was messy. ELPH? This wasn’t it. Maybe it’s because they were playing the Wild, or maybe the game was as slow as it looked. I can’t decide. (More likely the Wild) Either way, this game was like being kicked in the shins, watching the WNBA, then getting a massaged by a pretty lady – kinda boring, mostly irritating, but worth the wait. Regardless, the Oilers came up with a hell of a comeback to win this game. WHO SAW THAT COMING? Not Towel Boy, not you.
Let’s wrap this one up…
The Bright Side
- Viktor Fasth stole that game for the Oilers
- David Perron continues his quest for all word studlyness
- Taylor Hall’s play on DPs goal was the result of hard work and godlike genetics
- Perfectly executed the pass, pass, pass, pass, pass , turnover power play
- PK was really good during the Minnesota 5 on 3
The Face Palms
- 3 straight goals in 4 minutes for the Wild
- Many many passes to the wrong team
- Power Play was groooossss
- Defence was often a suggestion more than a requirement
- Minnesota Wild games should come with a coffee enema
Best of the Tweets
If you want to be included in next game’s Best of the Tweets, be sure to mention @OilersNation with your witty (or terrible) jokes. Since I didn’t tell anyone I was doing this, I had to search around for twitter jokes and I’m far to lazy to keep doing that.