A power play goal? Seriously… It happened. Final Score: 2-1 Oilers.
Today’s game was a huge opportunity for the Oilers to grab a win since the Hurricanes played Boston yesterday. For the most part the Oilers played well, but there were still far too many WTF moments against a team that was supposed to be tired. I was thinking of starting an Oilers 2 on 1 drinking game but I don’t think the healthcare system would be able to handle the alcohol poisonings. The cross ice passes to the other team have got to stop. Luckily the giveaways didn’t burn us this time.
One thing is for sure, Matt Hendricks had a hell of a game. The guy plays like he’s on fire. I’ll admit, when the Oilers traded for him I was worried about the contract length, but the more I watch him play the more I love him. Let’s all hope his old carcass can hold up for the next 3 years because he brings something to the team that they’ve been lacking – huge balls. It’s starting to make sense as to why they put an “A” on his jersey already. Hopefully his gritty play rubs off on others.
Let’s wrap it up…
The Bright Side
- Ben Scrivens we speak your name!
- Anton Lander has played well since his recall
- Hendricks hits like a truck and fights 2 at a time
- Yakupov flying in to help Hendricks out was awesome to see
- A POWER PLAY GOAL!!?!!
The Face Palmers
- Even though the Power Play scored, it looks more likely to give up a goal than the PK
- The Yak-Nuge-Eberle line is not getting much done
- Cross ice passes to anyone with skates on
- 2 on 1s for days
- Nuge Drought 2014 continues
Best of the Tweets