Luckily no one gets relegated in the NHL. Final score: 3-1 Sabres
There is nothing that will fire up the Nation more than a 29th vs 30th place battle! Not so long ago (only 8 years *sigh*) I remember sitting at the bar with some buddies and trying to decide who I’d rather the Oilers play in the finals, Carolina or Buffalo. Fast forward to tonight and neither team have anything to play for except draft picks and spoiler statuses. A Sabres/Oilers game has all the allure of milking a tiger, and that is a sad state of affairs.
The Buffalo Sabres are a terrible hockey team. There were periods in this game where the Sabres looked like they would never win another hockey game – the suck knob has been broken clean off in Buffalo. With that being said, our suck knob has been broken for years. Even though there were stints (short ones) where the Oilers dominated the hockey game, they lost to the FUNKIN’ SABRES! Losing to the Sabres is 10 shades of awful, yet we managed to accomplish it with all the style of a jalapeno shart.
Let’s wrap this thing up…
The Bright Side
- Ben Scrivens will stop pucks and break faces if he needs to
- Justin Schultz has apparently learned about slap shots
- Lots of AHLers got NHL pay cheques
- The Power Play actually looked like an actual Power Play
The Face Palmers
- Losing to the Sabres should result in 50 lashes and not the sexy kind either
- The safe word for Oilers name is the sound of weeping adults
- The shorthanded 2 on 1s are almost comical at this point
- Getting booed because you lost to the Sabres is bad news
- Ales Hemsky may have scored the goal of the year *sigh*
Best of the Tweets