FML… Final Score: 5-2 San Jose
After Saturday’s loss, how much worse could things possibly get around here? The Nation is in full crisis mode and the only thing we can really do is to wait this thing out and get to the draft. The Oilers had to play better tonight than they did against Calgary (not like they could play worse) and after waiting for two days to get back at it, things didn’t go much better. Oilers against San Jose – what could go wrong?
After an excellent first period, the wheels fell off again. It’s almost as though they go into the intermission and feel too good about themselves. As if letting a bunch of power play goals against isn’t bad enough, Joe Pavelski gets a hat trick and Rexall fans start throwing hats on the ice. To say things aren’t going well would be an understatement. If there was a panic button I’d have pushed it 5 years ago. At least Joe Thornton didn’t get 4 and pull out his schmeckle.
Let’s wrap it up…
The Bright Side
- Mark Fraser’s flat top
- David Perron has been a bright side all year
- No suits were drenched in the making of this loss
- Mike Brown did not score a hat trick
- #HereComeTheOilers hash tag was top notch again tonight
The Face Palmers
- How many times did we have to hear the water bottle story?
- 2nd periods are the Oilers’ kryptonite
- Penalty Kill was uhh… off?
- Highlight of the game was once again the 50/50
Best of the Tweets