So THAT went well… *smashes face on fork* Final Score: 5-0 Rangers
Last time the Oilers played the Rangers, Nail Yakupov scored the game winning goal with a minute left in the 3rd period. Kevin Quinn’s goal call was hilarious and we all had a good laugh about it. It was an exciting game. Fast forward to today and half the team is either out or apparently playing injured. The Rangers are still in a playoff spot and the Oilers have been spoilers since October. What a season (read 8 years) to be an Oilers fan! *sigh*
When Philip Larsen is taking shifts at forward, you know things are not going well. Midway through the 2nd period the Oilers had 6 shots for funk sakes. Frankly, it’s a struggle to think of anything positive about this game aside from the fact that the Rexall DJ was a running punchline on Twitter. When making fun of the shitacular music at Rexall is the best thing about a hockey game, you know things are bad. On the bright side, we’re all in this together.
Let’s wrap it up…
The Bright Side
- We’re all one day closer to death
- Making fun of the Rexall DJ was more entertaining than the actual game
- Martin St. Louis didn’t score!
- 7 more games left in this life draining season
- Not a single jersey was thrown on the ice
The Face Palmers
- The music at Rexall is so bad Rangers media guys were commenting on it
- Shorthanded goals number 6000 and 6001
- Paying actual post tax dollars on Oilers tickets
- The best power play of the night was when the Oilers took a penalty to make it 4 on 4
Best of the Tweets