The Oilers won but this makes some people angry. It’s a very confusing time. Final Score: 3-2 Oilers.
Nothing is more exciting than an Oilers road game, against the Coyotes, to cap off another meaningless season! If trap hockey and lottery jockeying isn’t enough to get you excited then I don’t know what is. Maybe you’re just boring. MAYBE you just don’t know how to have fun. Seriously though, watching the Coyotes makes me wish for Sex and the City reruns. In the last 10 trips to Phoenix the Oilers were 2-6-2. Take that history!
One thing that has been encouraging lately is the effort despite having nothing to play for. Obviously, having the Hall-Nuge-Eberle line carry the load offensively helps but it doesn’t look like guys are quitting out there and it’s nice to see. But turnovers, man… I’d be willing to bet old man Wanye’s money that the Oilers pass the puck to the other team as often as they do to their own. Regardless, the mighty Oil managed to win this one in the shootout and jump all the way up to 28th place. It’s a bad day for draft whiners.
The Bright Side
- Ben Scrivens we speak your name!
- Gagner channelled his 2007 shootout prowess
- Last road game of the season means this soul crushing season is almost over
- Yakupov was not the problem
The Face Palmers
- Steve Kelly was invisible during this game
- ME for not knowing Matt Hendricks is some kind of shootout wizard. From now on, socializing during a CBC After Hours segment will be punishable by decapitation
- Beating Phoenix helps the Canucks’ playoff hopes
- Winning is bad, losing is also bad
Best of the Tweets