I appreciate you this much…Final Score: 4-1 Avalanche
While all you Tier 2 fans were at home watching the game, I was sitting in Tier 1 territory getting showered with free gifts (read: free popcorn) and apologies (no apologies were given)! It was Fan Appreciation Night at Rexall and your ol’ pal baggedmilk was in the building swinging his Tier 2 wallet like no one’s business. What did I buy? Nothing. I refuse to buy merchandise until Kevin Lowe writes me a hand written apology for the last 8 years of my Oilers-loving life. Wait…does beer count? Because I did buy a lot of that.
Tonight was the first time I’ve ever been to Rexall on Fan Appreciation Night and a lot of people in the stands around me had some theories about how the prizes were distributed. The theory was that a good chunk of prizes were given to the empty seats. If I was to guess, I would say that 80% of the prizes were awarded to the lower bowl – I’m talking 100s – and the crowd was not happy about it. One of the loudest boos I heard all night was when two consecutive free flights were given out down there. In my section, nothing. Why am I complaining about the prizing? Because it was more interesting than the game.
Let’s wrap it up…
The Bright Side
- I tried taking a picture of a dude with a Nation Hoodie for about 10 minutes, but he dodged me like a ninja
- Said man with the Nation Hoodie probably wondered why I was stalking him and I found it hilarious
- 28 goals for DP!
- My total beer bill cost less than the cab ride home!
- Not a single jersey was thrown on the ice
- Toronto is out of the playoffs
The Face Palmers
- NO OLD DUTCH SNACK ATTACK
- The winning 50/50 number started with 115 and my number started with 144 – he must have gotten to Rexall at 3pm
- I took the over for how many times Blue by Eiffel 65 would be played – it was 2x
Best of the Tweets