Alex Burrows starts his 3 game suspension tonight after his late hit on Alexei Emelin. So far this season, Burrows has 2 goals and 4 assists in 10 games, and the Canucks will surely miss the offence he’s capable of providing. How big of an advantage is it to the Oilers that he’s not playing? I guess it depends. Their offence will take a hit but their face punching ratio also rises dramatically. It will certainly matter if Tom Sestito, who draws in for Burrows, has free reign on running the Oilers tonight. Not that that would ever happen of course.
- Coming in to tonight’s game, Ryan Miller is 9-0 against the Oilers in his career.
- Both Gazdic and Fasth have been cleared to play. Gazdic was sent to OKC on a conditioning stint, and it will be interesting to see who he would be replacing if/when he draws back into the lineup.
- Nikita Nikitin is still having issues and Brad Hunt stays in the lineup… I guess.
- To this point, all three of Hall, Nuge, and Eberle have been held off the scoresheet against Vancouver. They’ll have to get something going to say the least.
- Jeanshorts and I were talking about David Perron yesterday and we noticed that he doesn’t seem to be mixing it up as much as he was last year. Aside from a few face washes, he hasn’t really been causing mayhem like we’ve come to expect. Can’t help but wonder if he’s feeling off?
- And now for a fight by two guys that no longer play for either team. I miss you, Sam.
Feel free to vent all your Canucks related hated at Canucks Army. They have no friends, and could use the human interaction.
GAME DAY PREDICTION: The Oilers finally solve the Ryan Miller Conundrum®, putting his lifetime record against the Oilers to a paltry 9-1 *wanking motion* – JS
The wagon line gets a heaping dose of the Sedins, and shut them down effectively. The Oilers get their first win against the West by beating the Canucks 3-1. -bm
OBVIOUS GAME DAY PREDICTION: It’s a rough and tumble game, featuring a lot of big hits, and a lot of Canucks acting tough after a linesman has stepped in between them and an Oiler. – JS
With Alex Burrows being suspended 100% of the Oilers go unbitten, and without the need for a tetanus shot. -bm
NOT-SO-OBVIOUS GAME DAY PREDICTION: With Alex Burrows suspended responsibility to throw all of the teams cheap shots will fall onto the zit filled shoulders of Zack Kassian, who, becoming flustered by the entire thing, will eventually resort to helicoptering his stick over his head any time he’s on the ice. – JS
After taking an afternoon nap, Zack Kassian was able to colour within the lines of his favourite colouring book. It was a Power Rangers colouring book that he got for his 4th birthday. He promised himself that he would finish one whole page by his birthday each year. Unfortunately, he’s stuck on a close up of the red Power Ranger, Jason. -bm