So that just happened. Final Score: 5-2 Boston.
Remember a week ago when we all said “what a difference a week can make?” Another week went by. Unfortunately, the week that just passed also included 3 straight losses. WHY CAN’T WE HAVE NICE THINGS?!? *stomps foot* Ah well… At least the Oilers had an opportunity to take on those slump busting Bruins! You know how they always call them the “slump bustin’ Bruins” right? Anyone? Hmm… No one calls the Bruins “slump busters” at all, do they?
Actually, this game ended up being kind of a snooze fest. For 40 minutes, I couldn’t decide whether having a boring game was a good thing or not. I guess it couldn’t be a bad thing? (Unless you were watching it) If the Bruins were really rolling, it would have been bad news for the Oilers. For the first 45 minutes, I thought the Oilers were doing a decent job of keeping the Bruins in check. This was a winnable game for the Oilers, and oh how the wheels fell off in the third. Actually, I should say that the wheels fell off for about 5 minutes, in the 3rd. For a minute, the Oilers were actually winning this hockey game. The free fall continues
THE BRIGHT SIDE
- Boyd Gordon scored an effin’ goal on the Power Play! Boyd Gordon didn’t even see that coming.
- I thought Petry was really good all night. Lord knows it wasn’t easy, he was anchored to Keith Aulie.
- Pakarinen was causing shenanigans every time he was on the ice. I liked it. The Oilers need to be more annoying.
- Wagon line <3
- Yakupov was firing the puck all night. I love seeing him shoot the puck. Eventually these are going to start going in in bunches.
- Ben Scrivens was solid tonight.
- Marcobello had one of the greatest shifts I’ve seen in a long time. He got nailed, stole the puck, made a great pass, and roofed a rebound. Great shift, great goal.
THE FACE PALMERS
- If you’ve been in a scoring slump, the Oilers are the team to play.
- Nikita Nikitin was brutal on that first goal. He basically got out of Reilly Smith’s way.
- Cross ice passes in the neutral zone are driving me insane.
- Did I mention that Nikitin had a rough night?
- The wheels completely fell off in the 3rd period. The Bruins seemed to rally around their 2nd disallowed goal.
- There aren’t enough bad things to say about that 3rd period.
BEST OF THE TWEETS
— Kris (@_AGuyNamedKris) November 7, 2014
@OilersNation Nobody who has a dance named after them could be a bad person…
— Ryan B. (@IAmByks) November 7, 2014
— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) November 7, 2014
— The Gear Seabastian (@GearSeabastian) November 7, 2014
@OilersNation I think it’s Mike Pecarinen.
— Steve (@rockarts) November 7, 2014
@OilersNation intent to blow seems to follow the oilers around…. Mysteriously ?
— K McGowan (@vintagekerry63) November 7, 2014
*flips back to 2 Girls 1 Cup* @OilersNation
— Connor Doucette (@doucette7) November 7, 2014
— Scott Empson (@ScottEmpson) November 7, 2014
— David Smitten (@DavidSmitten) November 7, 2014
— Vince (@VMC_Oilers) November 7, 2014
@OilersNation I’m not mad Oilers….just disappointed
— Ryan Lauder (@lauder16) November 7, 2014
THE PICTURE CONTEST
Yesterday, I posted details for the November picture contest. Basically, I’m looking for you guys to get creative and take pictures of yourselves in NationGear, Oilers Gear, or doing something generally hilarious that shows you’re an Oilers fan. At the end of the month, we’ll take the 5 best pictures and put them up for a vote. The winners will be showered with both Internet glory and prizes. If you have a picture you’d like to enter, email it to me at email@example.com. Happy hunting, Nation, and Godspeed.