WE BEAT THE SABRES! Final Score: 3-2 Oilers.
If ever there was a remedy for a slumping team, it is the Buffalo Sabres. Going into tonight’s game, the Sabres had already been shut out 5 times. THEY’VE ONLY PLAYED 10 GAMES! Actually, to be honest, I was terrified before this game started. I was scared that the Oilers were going to roll into Buffalo and snap off a fresh turd in the middle of the ice. Then I was angry that I still have to feel scared about the Oilers losing to the worst team in the league.
This constant losing is getting annoying. I was thinking of growing my beard out until the Oilers made the playoffs, but then I thought of how sad my existence would be. I pictured myself passing away at 143 years old, and being buried with a shin length beard. Kids from following generations would only know of the 80s as a mythical beast, a fable about the good old times, a tall tale akin to the Sasquatch. Needless to say, I’m starting to get tired of this. Buffalo was the answer… They HAD to be the answer.
For a while there, I honestly thought that the Oilers were going to lose to the Sabres. The Oilers were definitely outplaying the Sabres, but they couldn’t score. I thought that we were going to have another moral victory speech to look forward to. Thankfully, Marcobello and Commissioner Boyd Gordon decided that they are the offensive juggernauts that this team needs. Both of these guys scored on back to back nights, and that was huge secondary scoring for the Oil. Let’s be honest, though… That game was far too close for comfort. That being said, a win is a win.
Let there be wrap.
THE BRIGHT SIDE
- The Oilers have much better looking jerseys.
- If ever there was a team to play on the 2nd half of a back to back it’s the Sabres.
- Iiro Pakarinen is the hero we all deserve. I love seeing guys score their first goal.
- It’s always a good day when you can get people hashtagging #LittleButtcheeks on Twitter.
- Arcobello and Boyd Gordon both score goals on back to back games.
THE FACE PALMERS
- Marincin in (good). Klefbom out (bad), Aulie remains (whaaaaa?).
- Those yellow Sabres jerseys look like the designer was tripping balls when he threw that together. Allegedly, in my opinion, of course.
- The Oilers looked way too evenly matched with Buffalo.
- The Oilers outshot the Sabres 52-31 but still had a tough time scoring.
- I had so many #HereComeTheOilers gifs that I wasn’t able to use. I’m happy they won, but… you know.
- The Oilers made Michal Neuvirth look like Patrick Roy.
BEST OF THE TWEETS
@OilersNation Q: Does whomever loses get to hoist McDavid up over their heads and skate him around the ice like a Stanley Cup celebration?
— David Smitten (@DavidSmitten) November 7, 2014
— Matt Dammann (@MattyDammann) November 8, 2014
— Chris. (@MagicPizza101) November 8, 2014
— Dr. Handsome (@notquitebatman) November 8, 2014
He’s the Iiro Edmonton needs… @OilersNation
— Rey Javier (@unbeREYvable) November 8, 2014
— Higgs-Distortion (@Higgsdistortion) November 8, 2014
@OilersNation it’s like a Hawks – Kings game in super slo motion
— Jonathan Clark (@jonclark92) November 8, 2014
— #DillNLeviCouchSurf (@DillandLevi) November 8, 2014
@OilersNation so glad I’ll be able to pass on all this sad, hopeless despair to my children
— Pestival (@Pestival1) November 8, 2014
I bet Tyler Myers always has superb cell phone service.
— Ryan B. (@IAmByks) November 8, 2014
“I CAN BE YOUR IIRO BABY! I CAN SCORE AWAY THE PAIN” – Enrique Iglesias #Oilers
— Jake DesRoches (@Baresnake) November 8, 2014
— Desi (@deeshmond) November 8, 2014
— Kent Strayer (@Kent_Block) November 8, 2014
THE PICTURE CONTEST
On Wednesday, I posted details for the November picture contest. Basically, I’m looking for you guys to get creative and take pictures of yourselves in NationGear, Oilers Gear, or doing something generally hilarious that shows you’re an Oilers fan. At the end of the month, we’ll take the 5 best pictures and put them up for a vote. The winners will be showered with both Internet glory and prizes. If you have a picture you’d like to enter, email it to me at [email protected]. Happy hunting, Nation, and Godspeed.