Anton Lander and the Oklahoma City Barons had a busy week in the AHL. Good performances from Laurent Brossoit, Brandon Davidson and Curtis Hamilton were among the noteworthy items.
AHL OKLAHOMA CITY BARONS
- Jason Williams 10GP, 5-6-11 (3GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Ryan Hamilton 10GP, 6-3-9 (3GP, 2-0-2 this week)
- Iiro Pakarinen 7GP, 5-3-8 (NHL this week)
- Andrew Miller 10GP, 2-6-8 (1GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Anton Lander 11GP, 2-6-8 (3GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Oscar Klefbom 6GP, 1-6-7 (NHL this week)
- Tyler Pitlick 6GP, 1-5-6 (concussion this week)
- Steve Pinizzotto 7GP, 0-5-5 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Matt Ford 9GP, 1-4-5 (2GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Jordan Oesterle 11GP, 3-2-5 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Curtis Hamilton 9GP, 2-2-4 (3GP, 1-1-2 this week)
- Kale Kessy 9GP, 2-2-4 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Martin Gernat 10GP, 0-3-3 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Bogdan Yakimov 8GP, 1-1-2 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Will Acton 3GP, 1-1-2 (3GP, 1-1-2 this week)
- Jujhar Khaira 9GP, 1-1-2 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Brandon Davidson 3GP, 0-2-2 (3GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- David Musil 8GP, 0-2-2 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Luke Gazdic 5GP, 2-0-2 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- CJ Ludwig 5GP, 1-0-1 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Travis Ewanyk 10GP, 0-1-1 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Dillon Simpson 11GP, 1-0-1 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Keith Aulie 8GP, 0-1-1 (NHL this week)
- Martin Marincin 1GP, 1-0-1 (NHL this week)
- Richard Bachman 5GP, 2.46 .913 (2GP, 2.25 .917 this week)
- Frans Tuohimaa 3GP, 4.22, .904 (ECHL this week)
- Laurent Brossoit 3GP, 3.39 .891 (1GP, 2.03 .938 this week)
A few notes:
- AHL vets Jason Williams and Ryan Hamilton are beginning to breakaway from the prospects offensively.
- Curtis Hamilton had a nice week, but he needs to follow it up with another one.
- Will Acton can clearly play at this level and make a difference.
- Brandon Davidson had a terrific week, very happy he’s back playing.
- Luke Gazdic scored twice in five AHL games before recall.
- Laurent Brossoit had an exceptional game this week, encouraging game.
- Kyle Platzer, Owen Sound (OHL) 18GP, 6-18-24 (1GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Jackson Houck, Vancouver (WHL) 17GP, 5-13-18 (3GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Greg Chase, Calgary (WHL) 15GP, 2-13-15 (Suspended this week)
- Marco Roy, Quebec (QMJHL) 17GP, 8-7-15 (2GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Darnell Nurse, SSM (OHL) 8GP, 2-8-10 (1GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Ben Betker, Everett (WHL) 12 GP, 1-4-5 (2GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Keven Bouchard Val d’Or (QMJHL) 12GP, 4.63 .848 (1GP, 8.00 .733 this week)
Kyle Platzer is having a strong season, and remember his is a two-way reputation. Darnell Nurse continues to impact the game offensively in SSM and he played well in the Canada-Russia Subway series this week. Greg Chase remains out of the WHL, hopefully a deal breaks soon.
- Evan Campbell UMass-Lowell (NCAA) 9GP, 3-5-8 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Joey Laleggia, Denver (NCAA) 7GP, 4-1-5 (1GP, 2-0-2 this week)
- Tyler Vesel, Nebraska at Omaha (NCAA) 8GP, 1-3-4 (1GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Aidan Muir, Western Michigan (NCAA) 7GP, 1-2-3 (2GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- John McCarron, Cornell (NCAA) 4GP, 0-1-1 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Zach Nagelvoort Michigan (NCAA) 5GP, 3.68 .889 (did not play this week)
- Liam Coughlin, Vernon 19GP, 7-9-16 (3GP, 1-4-5 this week)
- William Lagesson, Dubuque 12GP, 1-7-8 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
Liam Coughlin caught fire this week (he should be dominating the league so is just catching up) and Joey Laleggia added to his nice start in the goals column.
- Roman Horak, Vityaz Podolsk (KHL) 26GP, 13-6-19 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Anton Slepyshev, Salavat Yulaev (KHL) 28GP, 4-5-9 (3GP, 1-1-2 this week)
- Antti Tyrvainen, Ilves (SML) 15GP, 4-1-5 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Daniil Zharkov Torpedo (VHL) 8GP, 1-1-2 (did not play this week)
The good news here is that Slepyshev is back posting crooked numbers. His NHLE is 78GP, 10-11-21 playing 10:45 per night. I hope we see him in OKC next season.
All Barons photos by Rob Ferguson, all rights reserved. Tonight’s games are not part of these numbers.