Bogdan Yakimov had a strong week in Oklahoma City, and he was one of the top performers among Oilers’ prospects this week. Other names who scored well across the prospect pool? Greg Chase, Tyler Vesel, Liam Coughlin and Zack Nagelvoort. The week’s best performance? Probably Laurent Brossoit. Let’s have a look at the week in review.
AHL OKLAHOMA CITY BARONS
- Jason Williams 16GP, 7-11-18 (2GP, 1-2-3 this week)
- Brad Hunt 10GP, 4-11-15 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Anton Lander 12GP, 4-11-15 (2GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Ryan Hamilton 16GP, 8-5-13 (2GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Iiro Pakarinen 12GP, 8-3-11 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Andrew Miller 16GP, 4-7-11 (3GP, 2-0-2 this week)
- Matt Ford 15GP, 5-5-10 (2GP, 2-1-3 this week)
- Oscar Klefbom 9GP, 1-7-8 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week before NHL)
- Tyler Pitlick 12GP, 2-6-8 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Curtis Hamilton 16GP, 4-4-8 (3GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Jordan Oesterle 18GP, 3-5-8 (3GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Steve Pinizzotto 9GP, 0-6-6 (NHL this week)
- Bogdan Yakimov 13GP, 1-5-6 (3GP, 0-3-3 this week)
- Kale Kessy 15GP, 3-3-6 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Brandon Davidson 10GP, 1-2-3 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Martin Gernat 14GP, 0-3-3 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Jujhar Khaira 15GP, 1-2-3 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Travis Ewanyk 15GP, 1-2-3 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Luke Gazdic 5GP, 2-0-2 (NHL this week)
- CJ Ludwig 8GP, 1-1-2 (5GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- David Musil 12GP, 0-2-2 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Dillon Simpson 17GP, 2-0-2 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Martin Marincin 1GP, 1-0-1 (NHL this week)
- Keith Aulie 8GP, 0-1-1 (NHL this week)
- Mitch Moroz 13GP, 0-1-1 (2GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Richard Bachman 9GP, 2.66 .906 (2GP, 3.50 .919 this week)
- Laurent Brossoit 6GP, 2.66 .918 (2GP, 0.97, .971 this week)
- Frans Tuohimaa 3GP, 4.22, .904 (ECHL this week)
- Brossoit shot lights out this week, stopping 67 of 69 shots.
- Yakimov is really starting to push the river now, he’s an emerging player.
- Curtis Hamilton is showing a pulse.
- Brandon Davidson and Dillon Simpson scored Friday night.
- Lots of NHL scouts watching Okahoma City this week. I wonder who they are interested in?
- Kyle Platzer, Owen Sound (OHL) 24GP, 9-20-29 (3GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Jackson Houck, Vancouver (WHL) 24GP, 7-14-21 (4GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Greg Chase, Calgary-Victoria (WHL) 19GP, 4-14-18 (3GP, 2-1-3 this week)
- Marco Roy, Quebec (QMJHL) 20GP, 10-8-18 (injured, DNP this week)
- Darnell Nurse, SSM (OHL) 14GP, 6-10-16 (2GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Ben Betker, Everett (WHL) 23 GP, 1-6-7 (3GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Keven Bouchard Val d’Or (QMJHL) 15GP, 4.48 .853 (2GP, 3.98 .875 this week)
Vladimir Tkachev is 13GP, 4-12-16 for the year.
- Chase hit the ground running in Victoria.
- Platzer continues to roll, he’s having a strong season and should get a contract soon.
- Keven Bouchard is having a bad year.
- Joey Laleggia, Denver (NCAA) 10GP, 5-6-11 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Tyler Vesel, Nebraska at Omaha (NCAA) 11GP, 3-5-8 (2GP, 2-1-3 this week)
- Evan Campbell UMass-Lowell (NCAA) 11GP, 3-5-8 (DNP this week)
- Aidan Muir, Western Michigan (NCAA) 12GP, 1-3-4 (2GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- John McCarron, Cornell (NCAA) 8GP, 0-2-2 (1GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Zach Nagelvoort Michigan (NCAA) 10GP, 2.90 .902 (2GP, 1.50 .955)
- Liam Coughlin, Vernon 25GP, 11-12-23 (4GP, 4-2-6 this week)
- William Lagesson, Dubuque 18GP, 1-10-11 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Zach Nagelvoort had a splendid week and is now over .900SP for the season.
- Tyler Vesel is finding the range now, interesting player.
- Liam Coughlin had a big week, but remember he should be in college.
- Roman Horak, Vityaz Podolsk (KHL) 30GP, 15-7-22 (1GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Anton Slepyshev, Salavat Yulaev (KHL) 33GP, 4-5-9 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Antti Tyrvainen, Ilves (SML) 20GP, 4-3-7 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Daniil Zharkov Torpedo (VHL) 18GP, 1-3-4 (4GP, 0-2-2 this week)
The Oilers European group can’t buy a thrill.