OMG we did it! Final Score: 2-1 Oilers.
When I got tickets to tonight’s game, I was worried that the only exciting thing about this night would be the #NationLimo ride to the game. As much fun as it is to show up to games in a limo, beer in hand, it’s hard to get excited about much else when your team is on an 11 game losing streak. Walking in, it seemed like everyone showed up with a “well… here we go” look on their faces, and hopes of winning the 50/50 in their hearts.
Instead, what we got was a winning team. Who the hell was this Oilers team that showed up tonight? Either the Sharks are really bad, or the Oilers played with their game locked in tonight. As I was sitting there in the stands, I couldn’t figure out whether the Oilers had finally figured things out or if all the beers I was drinking had some kind of magical powers. In the end, it didn’t matter – the Oilers won and ended their streak of doom. How long will these winning ways last? That is the question before us. Will this turn into a run of games where the Oilers look like a competent hockey team, or a blip on the radar that will be forgotten in a matter of days? As Lowetide always says, we wait…
THE BRIGHT SIDE
- The beers are Rexall are delicious, and I don’t care who knows it.
- Judging by the amount of empty seats in the building, I felt reasonably comfortable declaring myself the 50/50 winner. Damned 8 ball fails me again.
- I think the guy in front of me set a new high score in Candy Crush tonight. It was impressive that someone is still playing Candy Crush.
- Finally Yak gets rewarded. I pray to every and all hockey gods that his flood gates open – he deserves it.
- Nice game by Scrivens.
- THE POWER PLAY SCORED!
- The beers and perogies at Rexall were delicious tonight.
- Long live the #NationLimo!
THE FACE PALMERS
- Going to Rexall actually made me sad inside. I couldn’t help but have that “what have you got for me tonight, hockey gods?” feeling.
- Looking around at the empty seats, I couldn’t help but think that we’re finally getting to a place where the fans stop caring. It’s both sad and understandable at the same time.
- There are far too many kids being raised as Oilers fans. I feel like by raising kids as Oilers fans, we’re giving bullets to schoolyard bullies.
- The 50/50 win I guaranteed myself didn’t come true.
- The Sharks don’t care about our quest for McDavid
BEST OF THE TWEETS
— Tay C (@cronenberg_tay) December 8, 2014
— Rusty Shackleford (@AdmiralRusty) December 8, 2014
— Zac Hogle (@zhogle) December 8, 2014
Where were you when the streak ended? @OilersNation
— RC (@Riotsedge) December 8, 2014
— Jett Grierson (@jGrierson_5) December 8, 2014
— Kevin Maloney (@Kevin_F_Maloney) December 8, 2014
I didn’t watch the game and the Oilers won. Sorry guys, I guess I was the problem. @OilersNation
— Tyson Lenz (@Tyson_Lenz) December 8, 2014
@OilersNation I’m scared , oilers win, oil at 65$ a barrel, and it’s warm in fort Mac in December. World ending run
— mclarens (@ryanmclaren182) December 8, 2014
— Mowzie (@moemouallem) December 8, 2014
— Scott Empson (@ScottEmpson) December 8, 2014
— Ray Camphu (@Asian_Ray) December 8, 2014
Are you hilarious? Show me. Tweet your nonsensical ramblings to @OilersNation and @jsbmbaggedmilk for your shot at landing in the GDB Wrap Up.
Stay tuned to the Nation this week for your December contest. As always, I’ll have a bunch of prizes to give away and laughs to be had by all. Want a hint? It’s time to warm up the old photoshop machines. Stay tuned, Internet friends.