We’re back! After a long spring and summer without prospect updates, we’re seeing some nice progression in the Okanagan and other hockey locales. Things will ratchet up heavily over the next two weeks but there’s already lots to be excited about for Oilers fans.
YOUNG STARS TOURNAMENT
Final game is tomorrow afternoon, some outstanding performances from high draft picks and those with zero draft pedigree. It’s been fun to watch the Oilers’ kids run over Canucks and Flames prospects, perhaps we’ll see that on a larger stage in the years to come.
- LW Josh Winquist 3GP, 3-1-4
- C Leon Draisaitl 2GP, 2-2-4
- LW Braden Christoffer 2GP, 2-1-3
- C Kyle Platzer 2GP, 1-2-3
- D Joey Laleggia 2GP, 1-2-3
- C Connor McDavid 1GP, 1-1-2
- LW Connor Rankin 2GP, 2-0-2
- RW Greg Chase 2GP, 0-2-2
- RW Cole Sanford 2GP, 0-2-2
- D Darnell Nurse 2GP, 1-0-1
- RW Anton Slepyshev 2GP, 1-0-1
- LW Mitchell Moroz 1GP, 0-1-1
- D Loik Leveille 1GP, 0-1-1
- G Eetu Laurikainen 1GP, 0.00 17 shots, 17 saves
- G Jordan Papirny 1GP, 3.00 .912
- G Keven Bouchard 1Gp, 4.48 .867
Laleggia leads in shots and you can read all the stats here.
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) September 13, 2015
- D John Marino 1GP, 0-1-1 (pre-season)
He’s 6.02, 185 and a righty shot. One year in the USHL and then he’s off to Harvard.
@nielsonTSN1260 love child of Miroslav Satan and Petr Svoboda?
— Snake (@Baresnake) June 27, 2015
- D William Lagesson 4GP, 1-1-2 (Sweden U20 Int’l competition)
- D Ziyat Paigin 8GP, 0-1-1 (KHL)
- G Miroslav Svoboda 2GP, 3.50 .892 (Czech 2)
— Jillian Jakuba (@jjakuba) August 6, 2015
Late injury update (or possible injury) from TSN’s Ryan Rishaug:
Moroz doesn’t seem to be on the ice. Looked to have a hand issue after the first game.
— Ryan Rishaug (@TSNRyanRishaug) September 13, 2015