On this week’s episode of the Real Life Podcast, the boys got into a lot of hockey talk as they tried to get to the bottom of the Milan Lucic trade rumours, make sense of the Ovi Cup celebration haters, and look at whatever the hell iHop is doing with their rebrand.
After getting bailed on by this week’s guest, the boys had to do their best to pivot and come up with a podcast out of thin air. Fortunately, there was still plenty to talk about and the boys got into it with a look at Alex Ovechkin’s Stanley Cup celebration. Some people think that the Caps are overdoing it, but the guys think they’re celebrating exactly how they should be after winning it all. Speaking of celebrating, the Squire is feeling pretty good this week after he won a bet that will see him buying Nation Dan a ‘Vegas Sucks’ hat that ND will be required to wear at least once per week for a full calendar year. Of course, the guys had to touch on the Milan Lucic trade rumours that have been circling the Nation over the past week and Baggedmilk gives an update on what he knows based on some investigating he’s done. Lastly, the boys discuss their best and worst moments of the week, including iHops mysterious rebranding to ‘iHob’ and the trolling responses they’ve gotten from some of their competitors.
Check out the full episode below:
- Episode 76: I don’t mind Imagine Dragons because I like Nickleback
- Episode 75: Wanye, beets, and a posh wank
- Episode 74: “Peanut butter is my boyfriend”
- Episode 73: Headbutt a guy? I had no choice
- Episode 72: Connor McDavid, Brad Marchand’s face licking, Costco, and more
- Episode 71: Draft Lottery, McDavid, and throwing stuff on the ice