The season is slowly coming to a wrap, and the Injury Reserve hasn’t been too active as of late. Usually this is a time where players suffering from nagging injuries take the rest and rehab they need to heal themselves, however it’s nice to see that our roster is nearly 100% healthy.
Jujhar Khaira returned to the lineup last night against the Anaheim Ducks after being sidelined for a couple of weeks with a foot injury. It wasn’t specified what Khaira was dealing with, however, my guess was that it was a nagging injury from his previous stress-fracture. After being a game-time decision, it was good to see Khaira get back on the ice. At this point of the season, it’s easy to sit out due to a nagging injury, so I’m glad Jujhar battled back to play.
Jesse Puljujarvi is still the only player on the roster that sits on the Injury Reserve. As I mentioned earlier, usually the IR for the Oilers is much more busy at this time of year, but we’ve been fortunate to have a relatively healthy team in the past few weeks.
Puljujarvi is still rehabbing his hip after having successful surgery on it. Oilersnation and Edmonton Tourism partnered up this past weekend to host a group of 24 hockey fans from Finland. As you can imagine, they are all huge Jesse Puljujarvi fans, so Jesse came to visit them on Wednesday during the morning skate! As mentally exhausting as it can be to be sitting in the press box while on the IR, it’s nice to see Jesse taking the time out of his day to visit some fans!
Notables Around the League
- Taylor Hall remains on the IR with a lower-body injury.
- Evgeni Malkin is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Erik Karlsson is listed as day-to-day with a groin injury.
- Marc-Andre Fleury remains day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Previous Injury Reports
- Khaira out day-to-day and Puljujarvi out and about
- Klefbom’s Swedish Meatballs
- Lucic misses first game as an Oiler, Koskinen sidelined, and a Puljujarvi update
- Puljujarvi shut down for season, Khaira’s return still unknown
- Does Puljujarvi need surgery
This in-depth injury analysis is brought to you by the Capilano Rehab Centre