Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
This week marks episode two of the show, where the guys were joined by Kris Abbot of Odds Shark, and Frank Seravalli of TSN.
They discuss the Thomas Chabot extension and whether it was a value contract for the Ottawa Senators and what the motivation might be for a young player to sign long-term with a rebuilding team and the possible future of the Winnipeg Jets.
Kris Abbot joined to discuss a few things:
- NHL Preseason betting and a gambler’s advice on how to approach it
- Reliving some AHL memories with Gager
- Best bets for Canadian teams
- Inflated Toronto Maple Leafs bets
- Senators playoff odds
- Winnipeg Jets win over/under and how the Patrick Laine & Kyle Connor holdouts and the possible Dustin Byfuglien retirement will effect that
- Betting on Odds Shark
Frank Seravelli joined to discuss:
- The Popeyes Poll Question: what the Jets’ priority should be in terms of Laine, Connor, and possibly trading for a defenceman
- Possible trade targets
- Becoming an hockey insider
- Carter Hart leading the Philadelphia Flyers back to the playoffs and where to find the best cheesesteak in Philly.
They finish off with some Oilers focused content, discussing the team’s newest PTO Anton Burdasov and the challenges that come with playing on a team with a language barrier.
Check out today’s episode below:
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!