Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sports Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
Kass starts the episode with his turkey recipe in honour of American Thanksgiving.
Then they get into the Bill Peters controversy, intolerance in the NHL, and Gager gives his perspective from what he experienced in his playing days.
Former NHLer Shawn Matthias calls in to talk about getting into podcasting and what his approach will be for his show “The Fourth Period,” and what it was like playing in Canadian cities.
They then chat about the Edmonton Oilers and Colorado Avalanche game what a seven game series would look like between the two teams.
They’re then joined by Scott Hastings from Odds Shark to talk about betting around the NHL.
They bite into another Popeyes Poll Question: Who will lead the NHL in goals?
- Leon Draisaitl
- Alex Ovechkin
- Auston Matthews
- David Pastrnak
And do another round of Keep It or Clip It:
- The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks will combine for 15 goals in their home-and-home this weekend.
- Oscar Klefbom is a top pairing defenseman on 85% of the teams in the league.
- The Calgary Flames can use this Peters situation as a rallying point.
- Christmas lights that are all one colour are acceptable.
- The Montreal Canadiens need to give Carey Price a rest.
- Stuffing is the best side dish for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Patrik Laine only having 7 goals should be concerning for the Winnipeg Jets.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!