Welcome to “2 Guys and a Goalie,” starring Dustin Nielson, Joaquin Gage, and Matt Kassian and presented by Odds Shark, Popeye’s Louisiana Chicken, and Sport Clips Haircuts. The show focuses on stories, notes, transactions, and everything else happening all around the NHL and the world of hockey.
It’s the last episode before the NHL trade deadline, and Handsome Tom Gazzola is in to fill in for Kass.
They hit all seven Canadian teams ahead of the deadline.
They discuss whether Ken Holland will make any moves, or stand pat with the rash of injuries and lack of cap space.
But they start with the struggling Toronto Maple Leafs, and what has lead to their disappointing season so far.
Popeyes Poll Question: Should Kyle Dubas be fired if the Leafs miss the playoffs?
Then discuss the Ottawa Senators and what they’ll sell off for assets like JP Pageau or Tyler Ennis and the Montreal Canadiens like Ilya Kovalchuk, Tomas Tatar, or Jeff Petry
Scott Hastings from Odds Shark calls in to discuss the odds for Leon Draisaitl winning the Hart Trophy, who is the favourite, and the over/under for trades made on deadline day.
Dusty then hosts another edition of Family Feud: Top Five Players in Assists This Season.
They touch on the Dallas Stars and the Jamie Benn and Oliver Ekman-Larsson incident.
Whether the Winnipeg Jets will make anymore moves,
Keep It or Clip It:
- Darnell Nurse will never be more than a 2nd pairing defenseman.
- Paper straws are the worst.
- Marc Bergevin won’t be the Habs’ GM next season.
- Bruce Boudreau will be a head coach at the beginning of next season.
- Cold pizza is better than re-heated pizza.
- The Colorado Avalanche would be wise to trade for Carey Price.
- It was okay to cry last night when Louis DeBrusk interviewed Jake DeBrusk.
- Cats are better than dogs.
Watch Today’s Episode Below!
Watch 2 Guys and a Goalie every Monday and Thursday on Facebook Live starting at Noon MST.
And make sure to tune in live and comment during the show and have the guys read your questions!