It’s a lovely Friday afternoon in the greatest city in the world (it’s a fact), and we have Dustin Nielson of TSN1260 and Alberta Golden Bears broadcast fame coming to make sense of all things Edmonton Oilers. If you want to join the conversation, make sure you follow us on twitter @OilersnationHQ and stay tuned for the announcement for the next time Dusty goes live.
Inside the Nation is a look at the Edmonton Oilers and Dusty’s thoughts on the team. If you want to go in spoiler-free then slid down the page and watch the video below, but if you want a brief rundown on what was talked about in the episode, then this is for you:
- The Oilers are back from their road trip but it was still a successful run that saw them snag four of a possible six points
- Josh Archibald signed a two-year extension this morning and the Nation is pumped about it. Does that mean Riley Sheahan is up next on Ken Holland’s to-do list?
- Dusty looked at Connor McDavid’s line and wondered whether or not it might be time to find the captain a new winger or possibly two
- Looking ahead at tomorrow’s game against Columbus, you have to wonder who will be given the start in net and Dusty walked through a few different scenarios that Tippett might look at before naming his starter.
- Lastly, we finish up today’s episode with a plea to the universe that the Oilers sign Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to an extension to make sure that the team will #KeepNugeForever
Watch the full episode below:
Inside the Nation is brought to you by Popeyes Chicken, the home for the world’s most delicious chicken that will ever grace your mouth feelings.