After skipping the Monday show because of the long weekend, the boys were back with a brand new episode of the Real Life Podcast and were thrilled to welcome Sam Gagner to the show to talk a little bit about life in quarantine, backyard rinks, the Edmonton Oilers, and a whole lot more.
With limited time to talk to Sam Gagner, the boys jumped right in with a look at the Burger of the Month he’s doing with YEG Burger and why he felt like it was important to support the Edmonton Food Bank during these strange days. Speaking of strange times, Gagner spoke a little bit about how he’s been living while on lockdown, including some talk about staying in shape and building backyard rinks. If you didn’t know, Gagner’s dad, former NHLer Dave Gagner, started a company called Custom Ice Rinks that builds custom ice skating rinks all over the place and that inspired Sam to build one of his own. Changing gears, the conversation was steered back to life in Edmonton and the potential for our city to become a Hub City for the NHL provided that they’re able to safely resume play, and Gagner had plenty of thoughts on why it would work. As an unquestionable fan favourite, Gagner graciously faced a barrage of questions from the boys about his time with the Oilers, including a look at the Kid Line from his rookie season, his remarkable eight-point night, playing at Rexall Place, and a whole lot more.
Listen to today’s podcast below:
- Episode 180: Alberta reopens, the return of sports, and back alley beef
- Episode 179: Recommended NHL changes, the UFC, and beer league hockey
- Episode 178: Home projects, dating, and roadside treasures
- Episode 177: Business talk, Murder Hornets, and Monkeys Stealing Babies
- Episode 176: Fired up at Home Depot and a NationBeer announcement
- Episode 175: NBA opening facilities, Listener Questions, and Pimp My Ride