The Edmonton Oilers have loaned defenceman Evan Bouchard to the Swedish Allsvenskan hockey league.
Bouchard, 20, was drafted by the Oilers 10th overall in the 2018 draft and completed his first pro season last year. Playing for the Bakersfield Condors, Bouchard scored seven goals and 36 points in 54 games.
He’ll be kicking off his season with Sodertalje SK.
He is the latest of many Oilers prospects and young players that will be starting their season in Europe. The AHL has a revised start date now slated to start Dec. 4, 2020, so this gives many Oilers players a chance to keep their legs fresh as European leagues are kicking off their seasons.
Here’s the full list of where Oilers players will be playing this fall:
- Ryan McLeod loaned to EV Zug of the Swiss league
- Gaetan Haas loaned to SC Bern of Swiss league
- Joakim Nygard has been loaned to the SHL’s Farjestad
- Raphael Lavoie appears to be heading to play for the SHL’s Rogle BK
- Phillip Broberg was loaned to Skelleftea AIK of the SHL
- Theodor Lennstrom was loaned to Frolunda HC in the SHL
- Dmirti Samorukov was loaned to the KHL’s CSKA Moscow
On Twitter: @zjlaing