A brand new week means a brand new episode of the Real Life Podcast! This week, the guys covered the brand new listener survey, wished Jay a very happy 40th birthday, an all-Canadian Division, and a whole lot more.
Today is the last day to purchase the 2020 Blackout Collection!
— Oilersnation.com (@OilersNation) November 30, 2020
To kick off today’s podcast, the guys got started with a look at the new listener survey that Tyler created as a means of getting to know the audience a little bit more. In the first-ever installment of the listener survey, the guys looked at Surveyor Brett and all of the wonderful things that make him tick, including the plethora of photoshops that he’s been making about the podcast lately. Changing gears, the guys wished Jay a very happy 40th birthday even though it comes at the strangest time in history, and that kicked off a conversation about some of the Oilers to wear #40 from throughout team history. Getting back to hockey, the guys had a conversation about what the next NHL season might look like provided the league and its players are able to reach an agreement on the money side. Assuming that both sides are able to come together, the guys imagined how stressful it will be to watch non-stop action between the Canadian teams for an entire season. Looking at the NFL, Tyler told Wanye and Baggedmilk the story about the Denver Broncos had to play Sunday’s game with a wide receiver taking snaps as a result of all four quarterbacks being forced to quarantine as a result of COVID.
Listen to the Monday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 234: Quarantine Gun Guy, Greg Norman, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 233: McDavid practicing in Arizona, the Heritage Classic, and MyHeat.ca
- Episode 232: Business of sport, hockey stories, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 231: Reverse Retro Jerseys and the King of Cheer: Cameron Hughes
- Episode 230: Early drinking days, the Masters, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark