It’s a beautiful Thursday afternoon in Edmonton and that means a fresh episode of the Real Life Podcast is set and ready to get you through the week. On today’s show, the guys covered the disastrous series against the Leafs, where the boys go from here, and spoke to Scott Hastings from OddsShark to break down the latest NHL news and what’s going on in the world of sports gambling.
To kick things off, the boys got started with a look at the disastrous three-game series the Oilers just wrapped up against the Leafs, including their takes on what went wrong and what needs to happen to right the ship. From the goaltenders allowing softies to the players spacing out in all three zones on the ice, this series was a complete gong show for three straight nights and they got the result they deserved. From there, the show fell off the rails again as the boys started talking about merkins and Jay filling a Preggo can with gas back when he was in high school. Next up, Tyler tried to get the show back on track with a brand new listener profile about resident meme-artist, Nico Joly, but unfortunately, that focus didn’t last long. Finally, the guys wrapped up today’s podcast by welcoming Scott Hastings from OddsShark to help break down the latest betting trends from the NHL, recap the Super Bowl, and the latest news in the world of sports.
Listen to the Thursday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 260: Chatting with former NHLer John Scott and talkin’ Oilers!
- Episode 259: Oilers Rolling, Jason Strudwick talks defence, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 258: BOA sweep, #BeetCast love, and home tips in a cold snap
- Episode 257: Chatting with Jason Strudwick and talking hockey betting with Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 256: Tom Brady, Food Delivery, Stonks, and the Edmonton Oilers