A new week is here and that means the gang from the Real Life Podcast is back with a brand new episode to help you get through what’s left of your Monday. On today’s podcast, the guys looked at Leon Draisaitl hitting 50 goals again, the playoff race, and a whole lot more.
To kick things off, the guys got the podcast started with a look at the world of sports and how it is a busy, busy time for sports lovers and how that’s a perfect time for our partners at PointsBet Canada for an official launch. If you’re in Ontario, now is the time to sign up and get that free bonus. Getting back to hockey, the guys spent a few minutes talking about the melee that happened over the weekend after Trevor Zegras embarrassed the Coyotes with a Michigan goal when they were already up by a lot. Does it make sense to have a line brawl after a goal like that? Was it all about the situation? Was it Tyson Nash’s fault for what he said on the broadcast? From there, we looked at Keith Yandle’s ironman streak ending in Philly and whether it was fair of Mike Yeo to sit him ahead of hitting 1000 straight games. Getting back to the Oilers, the guys looked at Leon Draisaitl’s 50th goal and how it’s unbelievable to see how he’s developed over the years after everyone expected him only to be a passer. Sticking with the Oilers, the guys dove into the playoff race with only 12 games left in the season and how they need to keep collecting wins to ensure they lock up a postseason invite. Lastly, the guys wrapped up this week’s podcast with a look at the Masters and how both Tyler and Jay are very excited about the tournament.
Listen to the Monday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 366: “I would have slept on the bare hide a bed mattress”
- Episode 365: Nation Vacation recap, the BOA disaster, and the playoff chase
- Episode 364: Jay loses his email, the Daily Faceoff deadline show, and baby watch
- Episode 363: “There was a Rabbit Where the Baby Should Be”
- Episode 362: Daylight savings time, the Mike Smith question, and the NHL Trade Deadline
- Episode 361: Oilers win, Mikko Koskinen, and Baseball is Back