Ben Scrivens is the anti-Dubnyk. Final Score: 4-3 Oilers.
Tonight was one of the last times you will see Teemu Selanne at Rexall Place and the thought of it bummed me out. It’s a weird feeling when the players you grew up watching start retiring. I remember watching his rookie season and being amazed that a guy that could score 76 goals in the NHL, let alone in his rookie season. (I was fairly young at the time and hadn’t had a chance to learn about Gretzky’s 92 goal season yet) It was pretty cool to see Rexall give Teemu a standing ovation. It was also cool that he didn’t score.
What can you say about Ben Scrivens other than he stole another game for the Oilers. Since he’s been around he’s given the Oiler saves that they never could have expected at the beginning of the year. I’m not sure how often you can get outshot 51-23 and still win the game but it worked this time! Not to mention, Andrew Cogliano didn’t score! Take that former Oilers curse. It’s amazing what solid goaltending can do.
Let’s wrap it up…
The Bright Side
- 100th career goal for Gagner
- Teemu Selanne has more than enough old man strength to share with Nugey
- Ben Scrivens was 10 shades of awesome
- I love seeing guys score their first NHL goal – good on Klefbom
- Fans weren’t just waiting for the 50/50 announcement!
The Face Palmers
- Turning on the TV 5 minutes late and already losing
- Tyler Pitlick’s legs
- Corey Perry is very annoying in the best way possible – wrong team though
- Being doubled in shots is a good thing, right?