This week Struds and I caught up with one of the most popular players during the Oilers 2006 Stanley Cup run, Fernando Pisani.
Pisani had an incredible spring. He scored 14 goals, which is the second most goals in any playoff year between 1997-2016. Only Sidney Crosby had more when he tallied 15 in 2009.
Pisani will go down as one of the most surprising playoff scorers in NHL history.
He had 18 goals in the regular season in 2006, but he caught fire in the playoffs and become an instant fan favourite. He became the player fans and teammates expected to score the big goal. He joined us to talk about the magical run, how he got so hot in the playoffs and more.
Which one of his 14 goals was your favourite? I’m sure many will go with his shorthanded, t0p-shelf overtime goal in game five of the Cup Finals. It is hard to top that one, but he had many big goals that spring and many of them were true goal-scorers goals.
Listen to Real Life on Soundcloud here, and on iTunes here. Save yourself some time and subscribe to the show on iTunes if you like what you are hearing.
- Episode 19: Jarret Stoll on 2006 playoffs
- Episode 18: David Pelletier
- Episode 17: Playoffs
- Episode 16: Oscars feat Deadline Day feat the Weeknd
- Episode 15: Garth Brooks and a Yacht with Messier
- Episode 14: The Grammy’s, NHL, and having a massage with your mom
- Episode 13: Struds in Hong Kong
- Episode 12: The Squirrel Grab
- Episode Eleven: Vegas Baby, Vegas