October 15 2008 11:54PM
Big ups to Philip Ontakos for coining the headline midway through the third period. This is just an example of the think tank that is becoming the OilersNation.
Holy chocolate covered trout on a stick. Could the Oilers lose any more faceoffs? This is getting to be a bit much. Does Mark Savard really have five goals in his first three games? Did Madonna really file for divorce from Guy Ritchie?
We are through the looking glass here people...
The second meeting of the OilersNation Justice League Roundtable™ during the game was a startling, nay murderous success. Collectively we decreed:
- Contrary to what TSN says Brunnstrom is not an internet legend. Jenna Jameson is an internet legend.
- The Oil lost faceoffs like Mike Tyson lost money. Fastly and furiously.
- Kim Mitchell used to have awesome hair. Now, not so much.
- Garon is a star and is going to be busier than (insert joke here).
- Oilers winning is a good thing.
What an age we live in.
Seriously though, the Oil need to get better in the faceoff dot STAT. Perhaps they should hold some sort of event where the team could pretend they are playing a game but it wouldn't count. Almost "practice" game time conditions and work on faceoffs.
We aren't a coach, what do we know.
We know that a win is a win.
Oh and before everyone starts crying, "Sam Gagner is a washed up bum at the age of 19," let's all take note that he had a game-high six shots on goal and was quite effective. Ales Hemsky, not so much. One assist and looked quiter than (insert joke here)