Happy Gretzmas!

Every Nation has it’s official Holidays — and our boy Charlie and his crew in Lethbridge have the honour of coining the very first National Holiday in the OilersNation.

Gretzmas.

For those of you who don’t know their heads from their elbows, Gretzmas is the celebration of the most holy day: The Birth of Wayne Douglas Gretzky on January 21, 1961 in Brantford, Ontario. While the rest of us allow this sacred day to pass unobserved Charle and “the crew in Lethbridge are gonna get bombed, play hockey, and exchange Gretzky related gifts afterwards. Last year I got “Hockey My Way” starring Wayne & Brent Gretzky with Defensive drills by Kevin Lowe, circa 1984″ — via e-mail from Charlie.

These are some real fans down there in Lethbridge, Nation. This is an annual event and it has gotten big enough that they are renting ice this year as opposed to playing ‘er on the pond. We heartily encourage everyone in the OilersNation to take the remainder of the day off, find something Gretzky-related and toast it repeatedly using whatever booze at your disposal.

Here are pics from last year’s Gretzmas that Charlie was kind enough to send our way. The crew in Lethbridge is in our hearts on this wondrous day and we violently salute you.

Merry Gretzmas all.

Peep all them Gretzky Jerseys. Mmmm.

Probably one of the best pictures we have ever been sent.

*insert inappropriate sexual comment here*

Dig those Oilers sweats. These are real fans, Nation.

• I'm a Scientist!

*insert inappropriate sexual comment here*

I'm amazed those two dudes can stand sideways in sweatpants considering what is going on a few feet away!

• I'm a Scientist!

Wow, best fans ever!

I've always maintained that Lethbridgadonianites are a classy bunch. Now I know it.

WTF are the dudes in the background of the two chicks wrestling looking at? Must be another set of chicks wrestling off camera.

• I'm a Scientist!

The Towel Boy wrote:

Wow, best fans ever!
    I’ve always maintained that Lethbridgadonianites are a classy bunch. Now I know it.

Great town – I haven't been there in like 10 years, but there was a liquor store in town that you could pay with Canadian Tire Money.

Greatest idea ever!

• I'm a Scientist!

As a fellow Oiler fan from the south who rocked it in the 'bridge for a time, its good to see that Oil pride is still alive and well. Keep up the good work and stay classy!
    Happy Gretzmas!!

• I'm a Scientist!

Travis Dakin wrote:

@ Wanye Gretz:
    he Birth of Wayne Douglas Gretzky on January 21, 1961 in Brantford, Ontario.
    Just one slight typo but Merry Gretzmas anyway!

I actually had to look it up in hockeydb.com myself. I was thinking, why is Wanye 5 days late! I figured it may have something to do with the Moose Jaw hangover in the prior post.

• I'm a Scientist!

@ MJ:
    That kind of information should be locked in to your memory! Gretzkys vitals and stats are more important to memorize than the alphabet. That's how we roll in the Nation.

• I'm a Scientist!

Travis Dakin wrote:

Gretzkys vitals and stats are more important to memorize than the alphabet. That’s how we roll in the Nation.

I prey nightly to a Mcfarlane toys lifelike figurine of the Great One.

"Oh sweet great and powerful one of flowing locks of golden feathered hair. I ask that you provide me with the strength, courage and fortitude to complete sweet passes and launch perfect slapshots top bunk off the wing. I also ask you provide me with cunning moves of trickery and dangleness when one on one with all that oppose me. Thank you oh Great One."

• I'm a Scientist!

MJ wrote:

Travis Dakin wrote:
    @ Wanye Gretz:
    he Birth of Wayne Douglas Gretzky on January 21, 1961 in Brantford, Ontario.
    Just one slight typo but Merry Gretzmas anyway!

Ah crap. Quite right. I think I got the 21 and the 61 fomr "1961" mixed up. And yes, the hangover has a lot to do with it. Plus I write most of my articles on my blackberry while pretending to do other things.

Fact checking ain't my strong suit.

• I'm a Scientist!

Klima85 wrote:

Ha ha. Wedge is that the closest you’ve been to a real fight? all you do is beak and beak.

Who the @$*% is klima85? if your gonna beak use a real name hahahaha