We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
We will only process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For the purposes of UK and EU data protection legislation, the data controller in The Nation Network. of Oilersnation.com LTD., 10004 – 90th street, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
- COOKIES/TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT
- INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
- INFORMATION USE
- SOCIAL NETWORK AND PLATFORM INTEGRATION
- OUR INFORMATION SHARING PRACTICES
- ANONYMOUS DATA
- PUBLIC INFORMATION
- USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND CONSENT TO TRANSFER
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
- CHOICE/OPT-OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
- RETAINING, MODIFYING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- EU DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
- CHILDREN’S POLICY
- SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
- CONTACT US
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
We and our third-party service providers use such Usage Data for a variety of purposes including to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer the Services, to gather demographic information and to target advertising to you on the Services and elsewhere online. Accordingly, our third-party advertising networks and ad servers will also provide us with information, including reports that will tell us how many ads were presented and clicked on the Services in a manner that does not identify personally any specific individual. The Usage Data we collect is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Data.
We use tracking technologies, such as cookies, local storage, and pixel tags.
COOKIES AND LOCAL STORAGE
Our Services use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|ANALYTICS AND PERFORMANCE COOKIES||THESE COOKIES ARE USED TO COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT TRAFFIC TO OUR SERVICES AND HOW USERS USE OUR SERVICES. THE INFORMATION GATHERED DOES NOT IDENTIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL VISITOR. THE INFORMATION IS AGGREGATED AND THEREFORE ANONYMOUS. IT INCLUDES THE NUMBER OF VISITORS TO OUR SERVICES, THE WEBSITES THAT REFERRED THEM TO OUR SERVICES, THE PAGES THAT THEY VISITED ON OUR SERVICES, WHAT TIME OF DAY THEY VISITED OUR SERVICES, WHETHER THEY HAVE VISITED OUR SERVICES BEFORE, AND OTHER SIMILAR INFORMATION. WE USE THIS INFORMATION TO HELP OPERATE OUR SERVICES MORE EFFICIENTLY, TO GATHER BROAD DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION AND TO MONITOR THE LEVEL OF ACTIVITY ON OUR SERVICES. WE USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS FOR THIS PURPOSE. GOOGLE ANALYTICS USES ITS OWN COOKIES. IT IS ONLY USED TO IMPROVE HOW OUR SERVICES WORKS. YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT GOOGLE ANALYTICS COOKIES HERE. YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW GOOGLE PROTECTS YOUR DATA HERE. YOU CAN PREVENT THE USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THE BROWSER PLUGIN AVAILABLE HERE|
|ESSENTIAL COOKIES||THESE COOKIES ARE ESSENTIAL TO PROVIDE YOU WITH SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SERVICES AND TO ENABLE YOU TO USE ITS FEATURES. FOR EXAMPLE, THEY ALLOW YOU TO LOG IN TO SECURE AREAS OF OUR SERVICES AND HELP THE CONTENT OF THE PAGES YOU REQUEST LOAD QUICKLY. WITHOUT THESE COOKIES, THE SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE ASKED FOR CANNOT BE PROVIDED, AND WE ONLY USE THESE COOKIES TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THOSE SERVICES.|
|FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES||THESE COOKIES ALLOW OUR SERVICES TO REMEMBER CHOICES YOU MAKE WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES, SUCH AS REMEMBERING YOUR LANGUAGE PREFERENCES, REMEMBERING YOUR LOGIN DETAILS, REMEMBERING WHICH POLLS YOU HAVE VOTED IN AND IN SOME CASES, TO SHOW YOU POLL RESULTS, AND REMEMBERING THE CHANGES YOU MAKE TO OTHER PARTS OF OUR SERVICES WHICH YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE. THE PURPOSE OF THESE COOKIES IS TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A MORE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND TO AVOID YOU HAVING TO RE-ENTER YOUR PREFERENCES EVERY TIME YOU VISIT OUR SERVICES.|
|SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES||THESE COOKIES ARE USED WHEN YOU SHARE INFORMATION USING A SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING BUTTON OR “LIKE” BUTTON ON OUR SERVICES OR YOU LINK YOUR ACCOUNT OR ENGAGE WITH OUR CONTENT ON OR THROUGH A SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITE SUCH AS FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR GOOGLE+. THE SOCIAL NETWORK WILL RECORD THAT YOU HAVE DONE THIS.|
|TARGETED AND ADVERTISING COOKIES||THESE COOKIES TRACK YOUR BROWSING HABITS TO ENABLE US TO SHOW ADVERTISING WHICH IS MORE LIKELY TO BE OF INTEREST TO YOU. THESE COOKIES USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BROWSING HISTORY TO GROUP YOU WITH OTHER USERS WHO HAVE SIMILAR INTERESTS. BASED ON THAT INFORMATION, AND WITH OUR PERMISSION, THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS CAN PLACE COOKIES TO ENABLE THEM TO SHOW ADVERTS WHICH WE THINK WILL BE RELEVANT TO YOUR INTERESTS WHILE YOU ARE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. THESE COOKIES ALSO STORE YOUR LOCATION, INCLUDING YOUR LATITUDE, LONGITUDE, AND GEOIP REGION ID, WHICH HELPS US SHOW YOU LOCALE-SPECIFIC NEWS AND ALLOWS OUR SERVICES TO OPERATE MORE EFFICIENTLY. YOU CAN DISABLE COOKIES WHICH REMEMBER YOUR BROWSING HABITS AND TARGET ADVERTISING AT YOU BY VISITING HERE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO REMOVE TARGETED OR ADVERTISING COOKIES, YOU WILL STILL SEE ADVERTS BUT THEY MAY NOT BE RELEVANT TO YOU. EVEN IF YOU DO CHOOSE TO REMOVE COOKIES BY THE COMPANIES LISTED AT THE ABOVE LINK, NOT ALL COMPANIES THAT SERVE ONLINE BEHAVIOURAL ADVERTISING ARE INCLUDED IN THIS LIST, AND SO YOU MAY STILL RECEIVE COOKIES AND TAILORED ADVERTS FROM COMPANIES THAT ARE NOT LISTED.|
A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that is built into or downloaded by you onto your device. Flash cookies are used for various purposes, including, without limitation, enabling a Flash feature and remembering your preferences. For more information about Flash and the privacy choices Adobe offers, visit here. If you choose to adjust your Flash privacy settings on your device some features of the Services may not function properly.
1.We also use “pixel tags,” which are small graphic files that allow us and third parties to monitor the use of the Services and collect Usage Data. A pixel tag can collect information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time (and length of time) the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that retrieved the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookie previously placed by that server on your computer.
We use pixel tags, either provided by us or by our third-party advertisers, service providers and ad networks, to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with our sites and Services and use them in combination with our cookies to provide offers and information of interest to you. Pixel tags also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit the Services or other websites. In addition, we use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
You can also find more information about cookies and how they work, what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them here and here.
INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT
When you use our website, we share information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner/service provider, LiveRamp Inc. LiveRamp returns an online identification code that we may store in our first-party cookie for our use in online and cross-channel advertising and it may be shared with advertising companies to enable interest-based and targeted advertising. To opt out of this use, please click here (https://optout.liveramp.com/opt_out).
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES
We use the information we collect, including Personal Data and Usage Data:
- to enable you to use our Services, to create an account or profile, to process information you provide via our Services (including verifying that your email address is active and valid) and to process your transactions;
- to provide related customer service and care, including responding to your questions, complaints, or comments and sending surveys (with your consent) and processing survey responses;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested;
- to receive and process job applications for jobs with us;
- with your consent, to provide you with information, products, or services that we otherwise believe will interest you, including special opportunities from us and our third-party partners;
- to tailor content, recommendations, and advertisements we and third parties display to you, both on the Services and elsewhere online;
- for internal business purposes, such as to improve our Services;
- to administer and process contests, sweepstakes, and promotions;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations; and
SOCIAL NETWORK AND PLATFORM INTEGRATION
Our Information Sharing Practice:
- (a) Generally. We share Non-Personal Data, including Usage Data, de-identified Personal Data and aggregated user statistics, with third parties in our discretion. We share User Information, including Personal Data, as otherwise described in this Policy, and under the following circumstances:
When we use the term “anonymous data,” we are referring to data and information that does not permit you to be identified or identifiable, either alone or when combined with any other information available to a third-party. We may create anonymous data from the Personal Data we receive about you and other individuals whose Personal Data we collect. Anonymous data will include analytics information and information collected by us using cookies. We make Personal Data into anonymous data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze usage patterns in order to make improvements to our Services.
If you identify any User Information as public, you are authorizing us to share such information publicly. For example, you can elect to make certain of your User Submissions (such as your alias, bio, email or photos) publicly available. Also, there are areas of the Services (for example, message boards, discussion rooms, and other online forums) in which you are able to post information that automatically will be available to all other users of the Services. By choosing to use these areas, you understand and agree that anyone can access, use, and disclose any information that you post to those areas.
HOW WE TRACK ‘DO NOT TRACK’ SIGNALS
Internet browsers can be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how The Nation Network, Inc. responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings.
There currently is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Therefore, like many websites and online services, the Services do not alter their practices when they receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit here.
- (a) Generally. We use other companies under agreements with us to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Services. These companies collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the Services and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies’ use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
- (b) Targeted Advertising. In order to serve offers and advertisements that may be of interest to our users, we display targeted advertisements on the Services, or other digital properties or applications in conjunction with our content, based on information provided to us by our users and information provided to us by third parties that they have independently collected. We do not provide Personal Data to our advertisers when you interact with an advertisement.
- (c) Your Ad Choices. Some of the third-party services providers and/or Advertisers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioural Advertising. You can visit here, which provides information regarding targeted advertising and the “opt-out” procedures of NAI members. You can opt-out of our use of your Web site viewing behaviour data to serve you interest-based advertising on third-party sites and email newsletters here. If you are accessing the Services through an application (i.e., mobile phone or tablet) you can download the AppChoices application from your device’s application store (i.e., Google Play, Apple App Store, and Amazon Store). This DAA application allows participating companies to offer an opt-out of customized advertisements that are based on predictions about your interests generated from your application usage. For more information, visit here. Please note opting out through these mechanisms does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads while online or on your device.
RETAINING, MODIFYING, AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may access the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the details in the Contact Us section below. If you would like to update, correct, modify or delete from our database any Personal Data you previously submitted to us, please let us know by accessing and updating your profile. If you delete certain information you may not be able to order services in the future without re-submitting such information. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Also, please note that we will maintain Personal Data in our database whenever we are required to do so by law.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (for example, when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such promotion). We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
EU DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to: (a) request access to your Personal Data and rectification of inaccurate Personal Data; (b) request erasure of your Personal Data; (c) request restrictions on the processing of your Personal Data; (d) object to processing your Personal Data; and/or (e) the right to data portability (“collectively, “Requests”). We can only process Requests from a user whose identity has been verified. To verify your identity, please provide your email address or [URL] when you make a request. For more information about how to get access to Personal Data and for exercising your rights, you can submit a request here by selecting the “I am an EU resident and would like to exercise my individual rights” option. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We have implemented commercially reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures to help protect your Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, or unauthorized access or disclosure; unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your User Information, we cannot guarantee its security. You use the Services and provide us with information at your own initiative and risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in the Contact Us section below.
The Services contain links to other websites that we do not control, and the Services contain videos, advertising and other content hosted and served by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party.
The Services are intended for a general audience and are not intended for and should not be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and we do not target the Services to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the details in the Contact Us section below. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Subject to the following paragraph, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data as this term is defined under applicable data protection and privacy laws (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
- Oilersnation Everyday: All Star Weekend Begins!
- Ken Holland’s trade deadline history and what to expect from him this year
- Rumour Roundup: Multiple teams are interested in Jesse Puljujarvi, Oilers are scouting the Blue Jackets, and more
- Developing Bakersfield Condors continuing to find their way in huge 5-1 win over Calgary Wranglers
- Real Life Podcast: No Oilers games means a whole lot of room for shenanigans