Back in January, we packed a couple of buses full of fine Nation citizens and made our way down to Calgary for what ended up being an unforgettable edition of the BOA, and with the way that baby played out, we absolutely knew we had to do it again.
I know I’ve said this a million times before, but one of the best parts about working at the Nation are the events we throw as a means of getting everyone together. Whether it’s a brunch party, a drive to support a local charity initiative, a #NationVacation, or any other variation that we’ve come up with over the years, the community’s support continues to overwhelm and that’s why we’re always looking for ways to get us all in the same space. And since we have so much fun causing a ruckus behind enemy lines and this year’s BOA series has been so bananas, we felt like the only option was to pack another bus with citizens and make our way down to Calgary to close out the regular season with the boys.
Are you excited? I’m excited.
Before I sit down to write one of these articles and launch a trip, I usually find myself going back to look at pictures/videos from past editions to refresh my spotty memory about the good times we shared together and I inevitably end up excited to do it all over again. So when we started talking making round five happen for the game on April 4th, we all knew it was one of the best ideas we’ve ever had and felt like you guys would probably feel the same. Not only is the bus ride down to Calgary ridiculously fun in itself, but our section at the rink is always rowdy as hell once the sherpas finally get us up there, and what ends up happening is an awesome weekend spent with a crew of incredible people that make this community what it is.
At the end of the day, what I’m saying is that you need to do whatever it takes to get yourself on this trip. Not only will it be exciting to be at the game, these two teams have a fiery hatred for each other that’s been so much fun to watch, but I promise you that you’ll have a great time from start to finish. Since we trust each other and you know I wouldn’t lie to you, I’m telling you that should use my promise as a reason or an excuse to bail on work, school, life, your uncle Craig’s birthday, or whatever else is standing in the way of getting yourself on this bus. I promise that you won’t regret it.
As if watching a BOA behind enemy lines isn’t enough to pique your interest, I’m gonna go ahead and drop the details you need to know right here so that you can let them soak into your brain bank or whatever needs to happen to have you come with us.
Give me the details, guy:
- When? Saturday, April 4th, 2020. We leave Edmonton at noon.
- How much? The cost of the trip depends on how many people are coming with you. To put it another way, we’ve got a range of options including single occupancy ($379/person), double occupancy ($309/person), triple occupancy ($279/person), all the way up to groups of four ($269/person) so pick whatever works best for you and your crew.
- Why? Because we love to party
- Where do you buy tickets? Right here, friend. But be warned, every time we’ve done this, the trip sold out quickly and procrastinating will be your enemy.
What your ticket gets you:
- Entry to the Dome (April 4th)
- Transportation to and from Calgary (starting in Edmonton, also stopping in Red Deer for lunch/pickup)
- Accommodations at the Best Western Plus Suites Downtown (1330 8 ST SW,
- Prizes, Giveaways, and memories that last a lifetime… maybe.
One thing that I have to repeat one last time is that this trip is definitely going to sell out so you need to act quickly if you’re planning on coming. The bus only has room for 50 people and once those spots are gone they’re gone. If you think closing out the season with us in Calgary is something you want to be a part of then I would encourage you to jump on your spot as quickly as possible or you’re going miss out. Make sense? Of course, it does. See you on the bus.