Later this month (Jan. 28-30), the Nation will be heading down to Jasper to join in on the 2022 Pond Hockey Tournament and you’re all invited to join us.
I don’t know about you fine folks but, for me, there is nothing better than getting together with your friends and playing some hockey. Whether it’s on the street in front of your house, an ODR in your neighbourhood, or a rink in your community, playing hockey is a pass time that unites Canadians in a very special way and that’s why I’m so excited that we’ll be participating in the 2022 Pond Hockey Tournament in beautiful Jasper, Alberta. Not only am I fired up to strap my skates on for the first time in what feels like forever, but the fact that I’ll be doing it in such a beautiful location only adds to the excitement. So when I found out that there is still room in the tournament for more teams to join, I wanted to jump on the site and let you all know about the opportunity for what will surely be an incredible weekend.
So what’s this tournament all about? Well, there’s no better explanation than right on the tourney website:
Head to Jasper for a one-of-a-kind Pond Hockey Tournament. Pond hockey on Lake Mildred in the Rocky Mountains! The Jasper Pond Hockey Challenge will bring the coveted Canadian Pond Hockey game to one of the most scenic venues in Canada — Lake Mildred in the Rocky Mountains! The Jasper Pond Hockey Challenge will bring the coveted Canadian Pond Hockey game to one of the most scenic venues in Canada. This Pond Hockey tournament in Jasper National Park offers a hockey experience you’re sure to remember. 20 plus teams will compete in a 4 on 4 Pond hockey tournament with a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 players.
If you’re interested in playing in the tournament, I will let you know right now that spots are limited and there are only a few spots left so you’ll want to jump on this as quickly as possible. And since I know you’re interested in playing if you’ve made it this far, let’s make sure you know the details about what’s going on, how much things cost, and what your registration fees will get you.
PER PERSON PRICE (INCLUDES ENTIRE PACKAGE)
2 NIGHT / 3 DAY PACKAGE
|Participant (Cdn Funds)||$399|
TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEE ONLY
|Hockey Only Price||$899.|
- Includes 4-Game Guarantee and awards.
- Book your own accommodations.
What’s included with your registration?
- Tournament Entry Fee – 4 Game Guarantee on Lake Mildred
- 2 nights stay at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (standard room)
- $30.00 voucher to be used anytime at the Ordo Restaurant
- Separate Men’s & Women’s Recreational & Competitive divisions
- Other activities include skiing/snowboarding, cross country, snowshoeing & dog sledding
- 4 on 4 with a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 8 players
- The tournament starts Friday and ends Sunday
- Kids 18 and under room for free
- Extra nights available
- Divisional Champion team receives “Jasper Cup” and Gold medals. Finalists receive Silver medals
- CHE is donating a portion of your Team’s Fees to the “CHE Cares Fund“
- Follow us on Facebook at CHE SPORTS for updates and details
If you’re interested in getting in on the action, register your team right here and we’ll see you out on the ice.