Oilers waive McKegg, assign eight to AHL
Photo credit:Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports
By Zach Laing1 year ago
The Edmonton Oilers have made a number of roster moves Sunday placing Greg McKegg on waivers and assigning eight others to the AHL Condors.
Forwards Xavier Bourgault, Seth Griffith, Noah Philp and rearguard Michael Kesselring and Phil Kemp, as well as Olivier Rodrigue were loaned to the Condors.
Forward Luke Esposito and Alex Peters, meanwhile, were released from PTO’s and will report to the Condors.
There are no major surprises here. While I was high on Philp and considered him a long-shot sleeper to make the Oilers roster, it’s no shock he didn’t make the big club. He, as well as Bourgault, are going to be interesting players to watch.
Both Kesselring and Kemp had strong camps, and Esposito was one of the big surprises. He looked great all preseason long and will undoubtedly be someone to watch down the road.
McKegg, meanwhile, was destined for Bakersfield from the start. He’s a player who could be a recall when the Oilers need it.
The Oilers’ preseason continues Monday night when the Vancouver Canucks pay visit to Rogers Place, and then Edmonton will travel out west to play the Canucks in Abbotsford.
Lastly, Edmonton’s preseason wraps up Friday night when the Seattle Kraken roll into town.
For the Condors sent down, their American Hockey League training camp kicks off on Monday.
Zach Laing is the Nation Network’s news director and senior columnist. He can be followed on Twitter at @zjlaing, or reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: On Thursday, January 12th, we’re jumping on a flight at the Edmonton International Airport and making our way to Vegas. On Sunday evening, we’ll fly back from Vegas to Edmonton. So the dates that you need to block off for this trip are January 12th to 15th.
- Where we’re staying: After landing in LV, we’ll jump on the free shuttle and make our way to the Park MGM before settling in for a good night’s sleep. 😉
- What you get: Your roundtrip flight, hotel, shuttle, viewing party (Friday night), game entry — we got seats this time (Saturday night), and exclusive entry into our pre-trip ‘get to know everyone’ event.
- How Much: The total cost for the trip, flight, hotel, and entry to the game is $1499 per person (based on double occupancy)
- Tickets: Ready to dive in? Click this link.
Recent articles from Zach Laing