Seravalli: “There really hasn’t been much of a market there” for Jesse Puljujarvi
Photo credit:Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports
By Zach Laing5 months ago
While the Edmonton Oilers continue to ponder roster decisions as the final week of training camp ticks to a close, the trade market for Jesse Puljujarvi has gone quiet.
There’s no big surprise in that, either. Everyone in the hockey world knows the Oilers had been looking to move on from him this summer, but it sounds like the market has gone dry.
This, according to Daily Faceoff’s Frank Seravalli, who said on the Daily Faceoff Show Monday that teams might be scared away by Puljujarvi’s new one-year, $3-million contract.
There really hasn’t been much of a market there. I don’t think it’s any secret the Oilers attempted to move on from him this summer. They changed their ask. They were first looking for a player back, then looking for a pick back and I think it’s slid to this point. With Puljuajrvi on a one-year deal at $3-million bucks, I don’t know if teams are out there looking at it saying “hey, we’re going to get a lot of value out of this player for $3-million.” Maybe on his previous contract it would’ve been different and I think at this point, there hasn’t been enough of a market there to make the Oilers want to pull the trigger.They have some significant decisions to make on their own roster front as we get closer to setting the rosters at 5 p.m. EST. The Oilers are probably going to have to put a player or two on waivers to be cap compliant, and you need everyone pulling their weight, including Puljujarvi at $3-million.
Failed to load video.
Zach Laing is the Nation Network’s news director and senior columnist. He can be followed on Twitter at @zjlaing, or reached by email at email@example.com.
#NATIONVACATION TO LAS VEGAS
- When: On Thursday, January 12th, we’re jumping on a flight at the Edmonton International Airport and making our way to Vegas. On Sunday evening, we’ll fly back from Vegas to Edmonton. So the dates that you need to block off for this trip are January 12th to 15th.
- Where we’re staying: After landing in LV, we’ll jump on the free shuttle and make our way to the Park MGM before settling in for a good night’s sleep. 😉
- What you get: Your roundtrip flight, hotel, shuttle, viewing party (Friday night), game entry — we got seats this time (Saturday night), and exclusive entry into our pre-trip ‘get to know everyone’ event.
- How Much: The total cost for the trip, flight, hotel, and entry to the game is $1499 per person (based on double occupancy)
- Tickets: Ready to dive in? Click this link.
Recent articles from Zach Laing
- NHL Notebook: Edmonton Oilers Darnell Nurse’s record setting night, Fans irate over NHL’s new jersey partnership with Fanatics, and are the LA Kings the best team in the Pacific Division?
- Oilersnation Betway Bets of the Day — Bet on these two players to take over 2.5 shots on goal
- The Day After 71.0: Edmonton Oilers hold on to beat San Jose Sharks 5-4 in overtime