*sigh* Final Score: 5-4 Canucks
The laws of probability state that the Western Conference losses can’t go on forever. So far this season, the Oilers have actually been able to play the Canucks fairly well, but haven’t been able to score. At some point, the dam has to break, right? RIGHT?!? Unfortunately, even though the Oilers were able to score they couldn’t keep the puck out of their own net.
Turnovers were the story tonight, and the Oilers gave up a lot of them. I would argue that any time the Oilers had the puck there was a 50% chance that they would pass it to a Canucks player – it was ugly. To make things worse, the Canucks were able to cash on a lot of these turnovers. The Canucks were also able to cash on the countless odd man rushes that the Oilers so graciously allotted them – such gracious hosts we are.
THE BRIGHT SIDE
- Scrivens played the puck and we didn’t get scored on!
- Pinizzotto made the most of his limited minutes. Gordie Howe hat trick!
- The Oilers were able to claw back from a 2-goal deficit even though they may not have deserved it. At least they made the game interesting.
- Ryan Miller played like garbage and it gave the Oilers a chance regardless of whether or not they deserved it.
- I thought Teddy Purcell played a solid game.
- I refused tickets to the game and drank rum at home instead.
THE FACE PALMERS
- WHY THE HELL ARE THE OILERS LEAVING MARTIN MARINCIN TO ROT IN THE PRESS BOX!? #BecauseOilers
- Another awful start. The Canucks were all over the Oilers early in the first period. In fact, that whole period was dog shit awful.
- Scrivens needed to stop the Chris Higgins goal.
- I’m losing years of my life to this team.
- HIT THE NET! So many wasted opportunities.
- 900,000 turnovers.
- DP with a goal disallowed with 10 seconds left. Kicking the puck in should be allowed, in my opinion.
BEST OF THE TWEETS
Dorsett and Pinizzotto at 2:27. That one had been brewing all game.
— Rob Tychkowski (@Sun_Tychkowski) November 20, 2014
— Nahreman Issa (@NahremanIssa) November 20, 2014
@OilersNation *Pulls goat by goat beard*
— Where Is Wanye?? (@ford2nv) November 20, 2014
EW, TAYLOR! DON’T TALK TO KASSIAN! YOU’LL GET LICE!! EWW!
— TheTowelBoy (@TheTowelBoy) November 20, 2014
I think it is a good thing Marincin is in the press box. Builds up his mystique and decreases his trade value. Can give him away for free!
— Loxy (@loxyisme) November 20, 2014
So, Nikita Nikitin wants to be called “Nikky,” eh? I’d like to cast a vote for “former Oiler Nikita Nikitin.”
— Robin Brownlee (@Robin_Brownlee) November 20, 2014
@OilersNation I think that Rexall should give us all free beer to cry in
— Dan L’Heureux (@Mobility_Help) November 20, 2014
— Zack (@zackwcole) November 20, 2014
I like seeing Justin Schultz behind the Canucks net. As far away from the D-Zone as he can be. #safe
— Travis Dakin (@TravisDakin) November 20, 2014
@OilersNation and a few months in 1990
— Blair Brownridge (@KBB79) November 20, 2014
@OilersNation 90% of the viewer’s watched this game to the end…. That’s pretty much an oiler win!!!
— RexHolez (@VenneJr) November 20, 2014
— It’s CAM! (@DatBawse) November 20, 2014
“The Edmonton Oilers are filmed in front of a live studio audience.”
— Justin Morissette (@JustinMoris) November 20, 2014
— Kris (@_AGuyNamedKris) November 20, 2014
@OilersNation weird how I miss being thrashed by the Stars every year…
— Pestival (@Pestival1) November 20, 2014
JCI HAMPER PROGRAM
Help more Edmonton families enjoy Christmas this year. Sign up today for the JCI Holiday Hamper program to build and hand deliver a hamper with food and gifts for a local family in need. Head to their website and register by November 30th, and help us make a difference in the community.