Brandon Davidson had the best week of any Oilers’ minor league prospect as the young man made his NHL debut this week. On the farm, Anton Lander, Curtis Hamilton and Laurent Brossoit all had good arrows. In junior, Kyle Platzer had another exceptional week in the OHL and Marco Roy is surging in the Q. More after the jump.
AHL OKLAHOMA CITY BARONS
- Jason Williams 22GP 9-17- 26 (3GP, 1-2-3 this week)
- Brad Hunt 16GP, 7-14-21 (3GP, 2-1-3 this week)
- Anton Lander 23GP, 6-15-21 (3GP, 1-3-4 this week)
- Ryan Hamilton 22GP, 11-8-19 (3GP, 2-1-3 this week)
- Matt Ford 21GP, 6-8-14 (3GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Andrew Miller 22GP, 6-8-14 (3GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Iiro Pakarinen 18GP, 9-4-13 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Curtis Hamilton 22GP, 5-7-12 (3GP, 1-1-2 this week)
- Jordan Oesterle 23GP, 4-6-10 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Tyler Pitlick 14GP, 3-6-9 (NHL this week)
- Oscar Klefbom 9GP, 1-7-8 (NHL this week)
- Bogdan Yakimov 19GP, 1-6-7 (3GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Steve Pinizzotto 9GP, 0-6-6 (NHL this week)
- Kale Kessy 17GP, 3-3-6 (season ending injury)
- Brandon Davidson 14GP, 1-2-3 (1GP, 0-0-0 and NHL this week)
- Jujhar Khaira 20GP, 1-2-3 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Martin Gernat 20GP, 0-3-3 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Travis Ewanyk 21GP, 1-2-3 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Luke Gazdic 5GP, 2-0-2 (NHL this week)
- Martin Marincin 6GP, 0-2-2 (3GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- CJ Ludwig 8GP, 1-1-2 (ECHL this week)
- David Musil 18GP, 0-2-2 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Dillon Simpson 20GP, 2-0-2 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Josh Winquist 4GP, 0-1-1 (4GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- Keith Aulie 8GP, 0-1-1 (NHL this week)
- Mitch Moroz 19GP, 0-1-1 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Richard Bachman 13GP, 2.64 .910 (2GP, 5.60 .837 this week)
- Laurent Brossoit 9GP, 2.65 .916 (2GP, 2.57, .920 this week)
- Frans Tuohimaa 3GP, 4.22, .904 (ECHL this week)
- Anton Lander had a strong week, incredible he is still in OKC. Oilers are being stubborn on this guy.
- Curtis Hamilton had another solid week, he might get his first callup if things continue.
- Josh Winquist made his AHL debut, he’s a smart player who might have a future.
- Laurent Brossoit’s .916SP is a nice number.
- Martin Marincin should be in the NHL. Now.
- Kyle Platzer, Owen Sound (OHL) 29GP, 15-24-39 (2GP, 4-2-6 this week)
- Jackson Houck, Vancouver (WHL) 29GP, 12-15-27 (2GP, 2-0-2 this week)
- Marco Roy, Quebec (QMJHL) 24GP, 16-10-26 (3GP, 3-1-4 this week)
- Greg Chase, Calgary-Victoria (WHL) 24GP, 6-17-23 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Darnell Nurse, SSM (OHL) 19GP, 6-13-19 (1GP, 0-1-1 and then WJ this week)
- Ben Betker, Everett (WHL) 27GP, 1-6-7 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Keven Bouchard Val d’Or (QMJHL) 19GP, 4.53 .851 (1GP, 4.70 .868 this week)
Vladimir Tkachev is 15GP, 4-12-16 for the year.
- Kyle Platzer is an outstanding prospect, Oilers need to sign him. No more Rieders, please.
- Marco Roy has enjoyed two solid weeks in a row.
- Darnell Nurse is at Canada’s WJ camp this week.
- Joey Laleggia, Denver (NCAA) 13GP, 6-6-12 (2GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- Evan Campbell UMass-Lowell (NCAA) 14GP, 4-9-13 (1GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Tyler Vesel, Nebraska at Omaha (NCAA) 15GP, 3-6-9 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Aidan Muir, Western Michigan (NCAA) 14GP, 1-5-6 (1GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- John McCarron, Cornell (NCAA) 11GP, 0-5-5 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Zach Nagelvoort Michigan (NCAA) 12GP, 2.66 .908 (DNP this week)
- Liam Coughlin, Vernon 29GP, 11-19-30 (3GP, 1-2-3 this week)
- William Lagesson, Dubuque 22GP, 1-11-12 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- I think most Oilers fans (certainly me) underestimate Joey Laleggia.
Roman Horak as a Baron. Photo by Rob Ferguson, all rights reserved
- Roman Horak, Vityaz Podolsk (KHL) 36GP, 17-11-28 (2GP, 1-2-3 this week)*
- Anton Slepyshev, Salavat Yulaev (KHL) 38GP, 5-7-12 (1GP, 1-0-1 this week)*
- Antti Tyrvainen, Ilves (SML) 25GP, 4-4-8 (3GP, 0-1-1 this week)*
- Daniil Zharkov Torpedo (VHL) 20GP, 1-3-4 (DNP this week)*
Horak had another nice week, lordy he seems to be a nice player. Slepyshev is pushing the boxcars forward every week, these totals represent a career high. Tyrvainen isn’t setting the world on fire but Zharkov is MIA.