Laurent Brossoit is having a helluva season in Oklahoma City, there’s no doubt about it. The former Edmonton Oil King is emerging as a legit prospect—despite the lack of draft pedigree—and the Oilers may have found a goalie.
Bogdan Yakimov in action for the Barons. Photo by Rob Ferguson.
AHL OKLAHOMA CITY BARONS
- Anton Lander 29GP, 9-22-31 (1GP, 1-1-2 and NHL this week)
- Jason Williams 31GP 13-18-31 (3GP, 1-1-2 this week)
- Andrew Miller 32GP, 10-15-25 (3GP, 1-3-4 this week)
- Ryan Hamilton 29GP, 14-10-24 (3GP, 3-2-5 this week)
- Matt Ford 31GP, 11-12-23 (3GP, 2-2-4 this week)
- Brad Hunt 20GP, 7-15-22 (NHL and then 3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Iiro Pakarinen 28GP, 11-8-18 (3GP, 1-3-4 this week)
- Curtis Hamilton 28GP, 6-10-16 (1GP, and Spengler Cup this week)
- Jordan Oesterle 34GP, 5-11-16 (3GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Bogdan Yakimov 29GP, 3-10-13 (3GP, 1-2-3 this week)
- Tyler Pitlick 14GP, 3-6-9 (NHL and injured this week)
- Dillon Simpson 31GP, 2-7-9 (3GP, 0-3-3 this week)
- Oscar Klefbom 9GP, 1-7-8 (NHL this week)
- Steve Pinizzotto 9GP, 0-6-6 (NHL this week)
- Kale Kessy 17GP, 3-3-6 (season ending injury)
- Brandon Davidson 21GP, 2-4-6 (3GP, 0-1-1)
- Josh Winquist 11GP, 2-2-4 (2GP, 1-1-2 this week)
- Kellen Jones 7GP, 1-2-3 (3GP, 0-1-1 this week)
- CJ Ludwig 13GP, 1-2-3 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Martin Marincin 16GP, 0-3-3 (3gp, 0-1-1 this week)
- Martin Gernat 28GP, 0-3-3 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Jujhar Khaira 29GP, 1-2-3 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Travis Ewanyk 31GP, 1-2-3 (4GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Luke Gazdic 5GP, 2-0-2 (NHL this week)
- Connor Jones 6GP, 2-0-2 (3GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- David Musil 28GP, 0-2-2 (3GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Mitch Moroz 28GP, 0-2-2 (2GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Keith Aulie 8GP, 0-1-1 (NHL this week)
- Laurent Brossoit 18GP, 2.17 .928 (2GP, 2.00, .932 this week)
- Richard Bachman 15GP, 2.51 .917 (1GP, 2.00 .943 this week)
- Frans Tuohimaa 3GP, 4.22, .904 (ECHL this week)
- Laurent Brossoit is an emerging talent. No doubt about it. The Oilers need to be patient but this is many many weeks now of solid to very good play.
- Bogdan Yakimov is taking full advantage of Anton Lander’s absence and spiking a little offensively. A very good sign, the Barons have sent very few drafted forwards north with success.
- Iiro Pakarinen had a production dip for awhile there but seems to have found the range. His shot totals remained strong, so I’ll guess luck had a lot to do with the slump.
- Dillon Simpson is starting to find the range.
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) January 3, 2015
- Kyle Platzer, Owen Sound (OHL) 36GP, 18-29-47 (4GP, 1-1-2 this week)
- Greg Chase, Calgary-Victoria (WHL) 30GP, 8-25-33 (2GP, 1-2-3 this week)
- Jackson Houck, Vancouver (WHL) 34GP, 14-18-32 (3GP, 1-3-4 this week)
- Marco Roy, Quebec (QMJHL) 31GP, 17-13-30 (4GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Darnell Nurse, SSM (OHL) 19GP, 6-13-19 (World Juniors this week)
- Ben Betker, Everett (WHL) 32GP, 2-9-11 (3GP, 1-2-3 this week)
- Keven Bouchard Val d’Or (QMJHL) 22GP, 4.40 .854 (2GP, 2.88 .898 this week)
Vladimir Tkachev is 19GP, 7-14-21 for the year.
- Greg Chase is starting to score at a solid-to-very-good clip now, should see great boxcars from him.
- Jackson Houck had a strong week, it’s been awhile.
- Darnell Nurse has been exceptional for Canada.
- Keven Bouchard had his best week.
All-Tournament Team: Evan Campbell (UML), Adam Chapie (UML), Brett Seney (MC), Zack Kamrass (UML), Mike Reilly (MN), Rasmus Tirronen (MC)
— Minnesota M Hockey (@GopherHockey) January 4, 2015
- Joey Laleggia, Denver (NCAA) 16GP, 6-8-14 (2GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Evan Campbell UMass-Lowell (NCAA) 18GP, 6-11-17 (3GP, 2-2-4 this week)
- Tyler Vesel, Nebraska at Omaha (NCAA) 20GP, 4-10-14 (2GP, 0-2-2 this week)
- Aidan Muir, Western Michigan (NCAA) 17GP, 4-5-9 (2GP, 3-0-3 this week)
- John McCarron, Cornell (NCAA) 13GP, 0-5-5 (1GP, 0-0-0 this week)
- Zach Nagelvoort Michigan (NCAA) 13GP, 2.78 .904 (did not play this week)
- Liam Coughlin, Vernon 36GP, 14-29-43 (2GP, 1-0-1 this week)
- William Lagesson, Dubuque 22GP, 1-11-12 (World Juniors this week)
- William Lagesson has been impressive at the WJ’s, and played more than expected.
- Aidan Muir scored three goals this week, a good sign.
- Evan Campbell also had a good week.
— Bruce McCurdy (@BruceMcCurdy) December 30, 2014
- Roman Horak, Vityaz Podolsk (KHL) 40GP, 18-12-30 (3GP, 1-1-2)
- Anton Slepyshev, Salavat Yulaev (KHL) 40GP, 6-7-13 (1GP, 1-0-1 & Spengler Cup this week)
- Antti Tyrvainen, Ilves (SML) 31GP, 5-6-11 (3GP, 1-1-2 this week)
- Daniil Zharkov Torpedo (VHL) 28GP, 1-3-4 (did not play this week)
- Anton Slepyshev was quality at the Spengler. He doesn’t play much in the KHL (not enough anyway) and the Oilers have to get him to North America for the fall.