I guess the decade of greatness will be starting another day. Final Score: 5-2 Kings.
The problem with having a bunch of days off between games is that Oilers fans are starting to realize how much fun it is to do other things. People are starting to find hobbies, and having the weather warm up will only make things worse. After yesterday’s botched Petry trade (okay, I’m bitter)and following the press conference (read: elderly babble), my faith in the management of this organization is at an all time low. Needless to say I was enjoy my Oilerless break.
Unfortunately for me and everyone else watching, this game was a disaster. Frankly, it was another shining example of how far away the Oilers are from being able to compete in the Western Conference. Craig MacTavish can ramble off whatever nonsense he wants, but this team isn’t good enough and it’s not even close. The Oilers were outclassed in every aspect of that hockey game. The Kings made the Washington Generals feel sorry for the Oilers tonight.
I’m actually at a loss for words as to what I’m supposed to say about an “effort” like this. Saying the Oilers suck once is easy, but saying it dozens of times per season can get difficult. Let’s try this: Picture a shit on the floor of your house. Imagine that this shit on your floor is not your own turd, but the turd from a stranger that has broken into your house just to leave it there for you. Imagine your frustration as you gaze upon what lay before you. Picture it, the horror of it all.
THE BRIGHT SIDE
- Nikitin looked good out there tonight. *rimshot*
- Visually the commercials were better than the hockey game.
- Luke Gazdic scored (his second) on a nice tip on a shot from the point. Jordan Oesterle picked up the assist on the play which happened to be his first NHL point.
- Teddy Purcell had some nice touch on his ninth goal of the year. He finished off a nice passing play with Nuge, and Justin Schultz for a power play goal in the third period.
- As far as I know, no jerseys got thrown on the ice. Yay?!
- Jarrett Stoll didn’t score!
- We’re keeping our tank game strong. Buffalo’s lack of goalies or NHL calibre players doesn’t care or intimidate us. We’ve tanked before, and we can do it again.
THE FACE PALMERS
- Matt Greene scored tonight… of course he did.
- I was bummed to be watching the Oilers/Kings game when there was a goalie circus going on in the Leafs/Panthers game. They almost had to put in a third stringer, and that’s something I would have wanted to watch. Such is life.
- The Kings absolutely owned the Oilers in front of the net tonight. They could make their way to Scrivens whenever they felt like it.
- This was not a great night for Ben Scrivens. I’m not saying he had much help, but you know he’d like to have a few of those goals back. He finished with 24 saves and an .828 save%.
- There was no E in that ELPH…
- Craig MacTavish thinks we’re only a few players away. Awesome…
BEST OF THE TWEETS
If you don’t love this guy, we can’t be friends pic.twitter.com/X5VaH6xhQJ
— Chris-my-ass (@randomhero79) March 4, 2015
@OilersNation He said there will be a decade of greatness. He didn’t say for sure what decade.
— Stan Gilbert (@Snideguy) March 4, 2015
@OilersNation We want 10 (shots)! We want 10 (shots)!
— Scott Empson (@ScottEmpson) March 4, 2015
Kings beat Barons everytime. @OilersNation
— ……………….. (@KennyZoobs) March 4, 2015
Scrivens only needs the next 27 saves to be at .900 sv%
— Paul Almeida (@AzorcanGlobal) March 4, 2015
— Rory (@beardsbrown) March 4, 2015
And the 50/50 migration has started…
— Ryan Tomko (@TomkoRyan) March 4, 2015
— Mark (@blindreff) March 4, 2015
— Matt Henderson (@Archaeologuy) March 4, 2015
THE AWKWARD FAMILY PHOTOSHOP CONTEST
As you know, we had a photoshop contest – we picked a winner – we all had a good laugh about it. What you didn’t know was how many great entries came in before being narrowed down into the five finalists. As always, you guys stepped up with your photoshop skills and I wanted to make sure that everyone’s “art” was seen by the Nation. As such, I loaded up all the entries onto our Facebook page. Check them out, laugh until you poop yourself, and give these heroes their due.