Photo credit:John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports
The Real Life Podcast Ep. 346 – The Wheels Have Fallen Off, Chicago Mix Update, and the NFL Playoffs
2 years ago
Thursday has landed on your calendars and that means the gang from the Real Life Podcast is back with a brand new episode to help you get through the rest of your Monday. Today, the guys looked at the Oilers’ continuous struggles, provided a Chicago Mix update, and a whole lot more.
To kick off the episode of Real Life, the boys got started with a look at Saturday night’s loss to the Ottawa Senators and how it was such a deflating loss, especially after carrying a two-goal lead into the third period. No matter how you slice it, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong lately, and with a very tough schedule coming up, the guys are trying to figure out what comes next. Needless to say, the vibes around here are anything but positive right now. Getting away from the Oilers, the guys dove into their Wordle strategies as the daily word game continues to take over the Internet right now. Is everyone playing? Do the guys have strategies? From there, the guys dove into a conversation from last Thursday’s podcast about Chicago Mix after Real Life listener, Electronic Jordan, went to Costco and provided the kind of research that was desperately needed. As you’ll hear, Electronic Jordan put in the work on this assignment and the results were truly incredible. Back to sports, the boys looked at a very busy NFL weekend as the playoffs kicked off and the bets were flying. Lastly, the guys wrapped up this week’s podcast with a look ahead at the Winter Olympics as everyone on the podcast is looking for something to get excited about after a very tough month of Oilers fandom has started to drag them down.
Listen to the Thursday episode of Real Life below:
Subscribe to the Real Life Podcast for FREE on Spotify here, on Apple Podcasts here, on YouTube, or wherever you get your podcasts from.
- Episode 345: Speeding Tickets, Chicago Mix, and Nic Sulsky from PointsBet
- Episode 344: What’s harder to understand: the Metaverse or the Edmonton Oilers?
- Episode 343: Why do the Oilers do this to us?
- Episode 342: What Our Dreams Mean and the Damn Oilers
- Episode 341: Lessons from 2021, New Years’ Resolutions, and the Edmonton Oilers
Recent articles from Real Life Podcast
- Real Life Podcast: The Oilers struggles, Knoblauch’s line combos, and some visitors from out of town
- Real Life Podcast: Watching a game at Mullett Arena, Oilers lose to the Bruins, and Evan Bouchard’s contract
- Real Life Podcast: Worldly doppelgangers, Jordan Eberle trade rumours, and the #NationVacation countdown