WATCH: Holloway scores hat trick against Canucks
Photo credit:Andy Devlin/EdmontonOilers.com
By Zach Laing1 year ago
In his first game playing in the Edmonton Oilers’ top six with true top six players, Dylan Holloway made the most of it.
He scored a trio of goals on Monday night as the Oilers routed an under-matched Vancouver Canucks club 7-2. Each one of his trio of tallies came in big moments, too.
Holloway opened the scoring 10:39 into the first period when he corraled a rebound at the blue line and fired a snap shot home. His second tally came when the Oilers had a 2-1 lead.
At the 12:16 mark, Holloway broke into the offensive zone down the left side driving to the net. As he drove through the faceoff circle and got to the bottom of it, he fired a shot up over the opposite side shoulder of Canucks goaltender Collin Delia.
Carrying a 4-2 lead late in the game, Holloway found a loose puck behind the Canucks’ net bringing it out to the faceoff circle to the right of Delia. Using two partial screens, Holloway managed to rip the puck on net finding twine.
It was a great night for the Oilers prospect who likely cemented himself a spot on the opening day roster with his performance.
Zach Laing is the Nation Network’s news director and senior columnist. He can be followed on Twitter at @zjlaing, or reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: On Thursday, January 12th, we’re jumping on a flight at the Edmonton International Airport and making our way to Vegas. On Sunday evening, we’ll fly back from Vegas to Edmonton. So the dates that you need to block off for this trip are January 12th to 15th.
- Where we’re staying: After landing in LV, we’ll jump on the free shuttle and make our way to the Park MGM before settling in for a good night’s sleep. 😉
- What you get: Your roundtrip flight, hotel, shuttle, viewing party (Friday night), game entry — we got seats this time (Saturday night), and exclusive entry into our pre-trip ‘get to know everyone’ event.
- How Much: The total cost for the trip, flight, hotel, and entry to the game is $1499 per person (based on double occupancy)
- Tickets: Ready to dive in? Click this link.
Recent articles from Zach Laing