Young Stars Classic featuring Edmonton Oilers returns to Penticton in 2023
8 months ago
Everyone’s favourite Young Stars Tournament is back again this summer.
As it has in years past, Penticton, BC is set to host the 2023 Young Stars Classic, giving fans the opportunity to see the stars of tomorrow. The tournament runs from September 15th through September 18th at the South Okanagan Events Centre.
Young prospects from the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, Winnipeg Jets, and the Vancouver Canucks will take part in the four-team round-robin tournament as it embarks on its 10th edition of the event.
Last year, the Oilers sent out top-tier prospects such as Philip Broberg, Dylan Holloway, and Xavier Bourgault and watched them outscore their opponents 12-to-5. Past teams have boasted notable players such as Edmonton Captain Connor McDavid, Leon Draisaitl, Jordan Eberle and Darnell Nurse.
Despite the Oilers’ prospect pool still filling up, the young guns will start things off against the Jets on September 15th, then move to face provincial rivals from Calgary on September 16th and finish off with the Canucks on September 18th.
The full schedule is as follows:
- Friday Sept. 15 Edmonton vs Winnipeg 4:00pm PT
- Friday Sept. 15 Calgary vs Vancouver 7:30pm PT Saturday
- Saturday Sept. 16 Penticton Vees vs Chilliwack Chiefs 2:00pm PT
- Saturday Sept. 16 Calgary vs Edmonton 7:30pm PT
- Sunday Sept. 17 Vancouver vs Winnipeg 2:00pm PT
- Monday Sept. 18 Winnipeg vs Calgary 11:00am PT
- Monday Sept. 18 Vancouver vs Edmonton 2:30PM PT
Aside from the tournament itself, the event hosts a range of community events including on-ice officials clinics, minor hockey skills, and much more.
Full information can be found on the Vancouver Canucks NHL website.
Aleena Aksenchuk is an intern with Oilersnation and the Nation Network. She can be found on Twitter at @A_Aksenchuk8
Recent articles from Aleena Aksenchuk
- NHL Notebook: Alberta selected as host for 2027 World Junior Championship and Tampa Bay Lightning forward Nikita Kucherov becomes first player to reach 100 points in 2023-24
- On this day in 2018, the Edmonton Oilers trade forward Mark Letestu to the Nashville Predators
- NHL Notebook: Blue Jackets to host Red Wings in 2025 Stadium Series at Ohio Stadium and which teams have the best odds to select Macklin Celebrini in 2024 draft