I don’t have to tell you about all the hell we’ve been through. I don’t have to tell you about all the miserable hockey we’ve had to watch and live through without even having a sniff of the postseason. That all changed on Tuesday night.
My friends, I am here today to tell you about a party that has been 10 years in the making. A party that we’ve been waiting to have ever since the very first day of Oilersnation.com even existing. A party that any Edmonton hockey fan has been dying for. Ladies and gentlemen, I’m talking about a clinch party. I’m talking about the end of the decade of darkness and we’re thinking that a party is in order.
With that in mind, Cornerstone Insurance and Oilersnation are proud to present the #RIPDOD Party.
SO WHAT’S HAPPENING?
If the Infinibuild® has taught us anything it’s the art of throwing a smasher of a party that packs the Pint Downtown, unites the Nation, and leaves us all with hangovers and stories in the morning. Whether we’re talking about draft parties, season opener parties, Connorversaries, #PrayForPlayoffs parties, or any of the other events that we’ve used as an excuse to drink you guys have always been up to get down. This party is different, though. This party is literally something that we’ve never been able to do before and you’re going to want to be a part of it.
At this point, we’ve all gone through 10 years of suck with no light at the end of the tunnel apart from another 18-year-old prospect to get excited about. Now that the Oilers are in a playoff position, we have something new and exciting to celebrate but, at the same time, this is so much more than that. This event isn’t just another party for the sake of doing it but a party that signifies the end of a very dark era in Oilers history. This party signifies the end of the decade of darkness.
JUST GIVE ME THE DETAILS, GUY
As if you didn’t already know, the Decade of Darkness party will be happening at the Pint Downtown on Saturday, April 8th, with doors opening at 5pm and the hockey game starting at 8pm. Aside from making sure we’re all well hydrated, we’ve got the usual swag bags planned along with raffles, giveaways, and more. I encourage you to start coughing now so that your boss won’t be suspicious when you call in sick.
As always, it wouldn’t be a Nation party without trying to raise as much money as possible for our charity partner, Alberta Alzheimer’s Society. If you’re unfamiliar with their work, the Alberta Alzheimer’s Society consists of seven regional organizations dedicated to changing the face of dementia in Alberta and improve the quality of life for those with the disease.
Your $30 ticket gets you:
- Limited Edition Violent Gentlemen/Oilersnation hat for the first 90 through the door
- Limited Edition Violent Gentlemen/Oilersnation collaboration shirt for everyone else
- Limited Edition Decade of Darkness collector’s cup
- Gift cards from Oodle Noodle, the Pint, Jiffy Lube, United Cycle and more
- Access to the Decade of Darkness NationGear pop-up shop
- Don’t even think we’re done yet. We’ll be adding more prizes and giveaways as we get closer to the event. The value of the swag bag is already at $100 and you haven’t even seen what’s coming yet.
You’ve all suffered more than enough throughout the 10 years of darkness, and now we want to reward you for your loyalty with the 10 days of Clinchmas. Starting today and every day until the party on Saturday, April 8th we will be adding a new prize to the list that you’ll be eligible for with your ticket to the party.
Keep checking back here because Clinch Kringle is coming around early this year.
THE 10 DAYS OF CLINCHMAS
- One Branded Fantasy Scoreboard
- You and a friend plus two other friends get a round of golf at the Quarry
- You’re going to want this one your wall. You’re going to want to make bedsheets inspired by it. You’re going to convince your wife/husband/gf/bf/whoever to let you get this tattooed on your back. My friends, it’s a Nail Yakupov signed canvas print.
- If you thought you wanted the Yak canvas print then you’re going to have your mind blown by Day 4. My friends, I present. The Captain himself… Andrew Ference… in signed picture form.
- A suite for 12 at the Edmonton Prospects game of your choosing for you and 11 of your closest friends. We did this a lot last summer and it’s a great way to spend an afternoon/evening.
- Yak or Ference pics not your jam? How about a signed and framed McDavid print courtesy of Frameworth Sports Memorabilia
- One signed Looch 16-Bit Heroes Tee, a $200 gift card from Violent Gentlemen, and a $100 gift card from NationGear.
- Big thanks to the Edmonton Eskimos for hooking us up with a signed John White replica helmet and four lower bowl tickets to the season opener!
- We’ll be giving away two jerseys from United Cycle as well as an amazing prize package courtesy of ATB Financial. You’re going to want to be in on this one.
- Four rounds of golf at Cougar Creek and a Tommy Guns prize package
As always, all proceeds from ticket sales will be donated directly to the Alberta Alzheimer’s Societ so bring your friends, get involved, and help us support a community in need. You can get your tickets here and I’d encourage you to act quickly because these are going to sell out. This is a party that’s been 10 years in the making and you’re going to want to be a part of it.