If you listened in last week you would have heard Wanye’s brain melting as the trio spoke with none other than Ryan Smyth despite Gregor’s original promise that Wanye would “never have to meet a celebrity or talk to an Oiler if he does the podcast.”
Thankfully Smytty was on the phone and that was the sole thing preventing Wanye from spinning completely off his axis. This week there was no such distance between the guest and the hosts as Matt Hendricks visited in the studio.
Perhaps it was because Wanye was impossibly equally excited as last week or perhaps it was the fact he has absolutely no media training whatsoever – either way, he asked Hendricks a simple question “tell us about your climb into the NHL and your career so far.”
What came after that was a very interesting interview with a player that fought for every inch in his entire 10-year NHL career. It is definitely worth a listen.
- Episode 26: Ryan Smyth
- Episode 25: Rob Brown
- Episode 24: Wanye returns to talk playoffs and more
- Episode 23: Playoffs, Zack Kassian and Baggedmilk
- Episode 22: Jamie McLennan
- Episode 21: Fernando Pisani
- Episode 20: Brad Winchester and the Octopus story from 2006.
- Episode 19: Jarret Stoll on 2006 playoffs
- Episode 18: David Pelletier