It’s a frosty Thursday here in Edmonton but the good news is that there’s a brand new episode of the Real Life Podcast to keep you warm with the hottest of takes. This week, the guys spoke to TSN’s Frank Seravalli about the DFO Rundown, previewed tonight’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, and spoke to Scott Hastings from OddsShark to break down the latest NHL news and what’s going on in the world of sports gambling.
Kicking things off, the boys jumped in with a look around the NHL and the breaking news that the Oilers’ game was going to be pushed back by an hour as a result of COVID protocols. After the shock wore off and the speculation calmed a little, the guys welcomed TSN’s Frank Seravalli to talk about his rise as one of hockey’s premier insiders, his new podcast with the Nation Network called the DFO Rundown, and what it’s like to navigate the evolving media climate. He was also incredibly generous with his time and even answered our ridiculous questions about rumours, developing relationships, and what’s the latest with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Finally, the guys wrapped up today’s podcast by welcoming Scott Hastings from OddsShark to help break down the latest betting trends from the NHL, recap the Super Bowl, and the latest news in the world of sports
Listen to the Thursday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 254: Super Bowl recap, the Battle of Alberta, and Mike Smith
- Episode 253: Tiger Woods, the Super Bowl, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 252: McDavid, Draisaitl, and the World’s Longest Game with Kyle Brodziak
- Episode 251: GameStonks, the Oilers rollercoaster, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 250: The Oilers rollercoaster and a chat with Liam Reddox