Real Life Podcast Episode 309 – Malice at the Palace, Oilersnation Open, and Vaccine Requirements
2 years ago
The weekend may be over but the fun is far from over as the boys are back with a fresh episode of the Real Life Podcast to help you get through a rainy Monday in Edmonton. In today’s episode, the guys covered the Malice at the Palace documentary on Netflix, the Oilersnation Open, and a whole lot more.
To kick things off, the podcast got started with a look at what was unquestionably a horrible week for hockey after news broke this morning that NHLer Jimmy Hayes passed away in his home this morning. Looking around the hockey world, it was very clear that Hayes was a beloved player and it’s heartbreaking to hear that such a young man passed away. Changing gears, the guys spoke about the Malice in the Palace documentary that hit Netflix last week and offered a full breakdown on what was unquestionably one of the wildest scenes in NBA history. From there, the conversation turned towards Thursday’s Oilersnation Open and talked about the excitement they’re all feeling for the first tournament they’ve been able to hold in a couple of years. As you’ll hear, the guys have already started strategizing on everything from their approach to mulligans to live streams and everything in between. Lastly, the podcast wrapped up with a discussion about the Oilers requiring fans to have proof of vaccination or a negative test before games this season, and the reaction to the news has been incredibly split.
Want to leave us a message? Do it here!
Listen to the Monday episode of Real Life below:
Subscribe to the Real Life Podcast for FREE on Spotify here, on Apple Podcasts here, on YouTube, or wherever you get your podcasts from.
- Episode 308: Future Wanye, Awkward Encounters, and Jersey Ads
- Episode 307: A pickleball challenge is born, movie theatres, and where is Donda?
- Episode 306: Talking Hockey, Life, and Verbero with Andy Sutton
- Episode 305: Hot Chicken Review, Nation Vacation, and Nation HQ 5.0
- Episode 304: Introducing: Caroline Szwed!
Recent articles from Real Life Podcast
- Real Life Podcast: Some love for Moose Jaw, the Oilers won again, and mapping out Nation Con
- Real Life Podcast: The Oilers struggles, Knoblauch’s line combos, and some visitors from out of town
- Real Life Podcast: Watching a game at Mullett Arena, Oilers lose to the Bruins, and Evan Bouchard’s contract