Sunday Scaries: McDrai Appreciation, Klefbom Jump-scares, and Please let This Week be Better
Photo credit:Perry Nelson-USA TODAY Sports
By Kylie Salai8 months ago
Soooo this week sucked a little bit for the Oilers.
The Oilers kicked off the week with their 5-2 loss to Seattle, which I was in the building for, unfortunately… The game started out well for the oilers, really well actually. After I spent an ungodly amount of money on this here Nuge reverse retro jersey:
He opened up the scoring, and it was like it was meant to be. this was followed by Connor McDavid bussing for the entire period, and cashing in to make it 2-0 early in the second period.
After we had a 2-0 lead, in typical Oilers fashion, we fumbled the bag hard. The Kraken proceeded to walk all over us, and it was quickly one of the most frustrating games I’ve watched in a while, especially sitting in the arena.
Five unanswered goals, Skinner getting pulled & the quietest I have ever heard Rogers place left the Oilers and the whole fan base defeated.
One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the love for Eberle all these years later, He and Gagner will live in our hearts forever.
because there was no upside to that hockey game, I bring you:
Kylie and Kennedy sending all of Oilers Twitter into a downward spiral after mistakenly announcing that the Oscar Klefbom wall had been removed from Rogers Place…
I apologize for my part in everybody’s anger and sadness…
In their huge win against the Islanders, the Oilers had a hot start, and four different goal-scorers to bring us to a 4-2 victory. Klim Kostin saw his first game up on the top line skating with Connor Mcdavid, and his pregame interview was everything.
Every day I wake up and love Klim Kostin more and more.
Another thing I loved, going back to the four different goal-scorers, is seeing guys like Yamamoto and Holloway getting on the board, and Twitter agrees.
Campbell had a good game, and moving forward I hope we can expect more of this as a standard for him. And finally, on a night of big wins for everybody, Connor and Leon both hit career milestones in the same game, how romantic.
And finally, our most recent 2 goal-lead mishap, yesterday’s Colorado game. I had the honour of watching this chaos unfold at the pint, where I also got an extra show of our very own rick having his very own heart attack. Zach Hyman scored our two goals, but of course, because the NHL refuses to let him have nice things, it was challenged.
Basically, after this, the Oilers Proceeded to collapse, and I proceeded to have a few beverages…
Stuart Skinner kept us in that game big time, but you can’t win a 2-2 hockey game without scoring a third goal and the oilers just couldn’t pull that off. We got absolutely robbed by the crossbar AND Georgiev in overtime. And the Avs Capitalized on their opportunity in our end and walked away with the extra point Another day when Skinner is done dirty by the players in front of him.
However, this Connor after-hours video made all my pain go away.
So, with my rants of the week over, here are my Sunday Scaries:
- First, a more personal Sunday scary, in the past 5 days, I have fully changed out of my business degree and into the TV and Radio program at NAIT, and I start that bright and early tomorrow morning! I’m not scared per sat, but just normal “I’m finally chasing my dreams and doing what I want” kind of nerves, but in all honesty, I’ve never been more excited for a first day of school ever.
- These start times… 8:30, 8:00, 8:30 and 8:00 again. Not to sound like an old lady, but christ how am I ever supposed to sleep?!
- LA rematch baby. We lost 3-1 in a pretty emotional game where we collectively decided to cancel Alex Edler for being a piece of crap on skates. So the emotions there might cause some extra penalties to be taken and just heat up the game a little, which might not be a bad thing, as long as we are the ones heating up. And also, I would LOVE it if we could not let Trevor Moore score a hat trick on us… that was not fun.
- Please let us not let Anaheim win again that’s just embarrassing.
- Back-to-back games mean Skinner and Campbell both need to be dialled in on their respective starts, and then it feels like we just sit back and hope for the best. And when I say dialled in, I mean THIS dialled in.
All in all, with a busy week ahead against our pacific division the boys need to get their feet going and keep them going. This is easily one of our most important road trips of the season, plus Nation Vacation takes off this weekend to go see the Oilers in Vegas on Saturday.
If you’re going, I hope you have the most fun, and if you are not, like me, I will see you on Twitter!
Recent articles from Kylie Salai